Buff Whelan Chevrolet
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
Regular HoursSat - SunClosed
- General Info:
- Buff Whelan Chevrolet has been the top Chevrolet dealer in the State of Michigan since 2003 and is ranked third nationally. The secrets of this great success are in its employees and the pleasant, professional experiences they provide to all of their customers from purchasing a vehicle to its servicing. "Our philosophy is one team, one dealership." says owner and president Kerry Whelan. "We're all in it together and work hard at doing things the right way. I believe this positive interaction is appreciated whenever we communicate and perform transactions with our customers." Kerry's father, Robert "Buff" Whelan, started the business in spring of 1970 when he purchased the old Engle Chevrolet in Utica. Mr. Whelan knew he needed to expand in order to have a full service dealership. He soon acquired 13 acres of land on Van Dyke, south of 18 Mile, in Sterling Heights. It is still the location where the new and used car showrooms, body shop and service facilities are housed. The dealership became known as the place "Where the deals make the difference every day." Through dedicated employees and strong customer service, Buff Whelan Chevrolet has racked up numerous awards for top performance. It has received the General Motors Mark of Excellence Award annually for the last 15 years running. Buff Whelan has also received GM's Dealer of the Year honors for the last 14 years. When your vehicle needs repair or maintenance, the best place to turn is Buff Whelan Chevrolet. Our team of ASE certified, factory-trained technicians are known for their precise service and use of the latest diagnostic equipment and Genuine GM Parts. Buff Whelan also has deep roots in the community through regular support of the holiday Toys for Tots drive, quarterly American Red Cross blood drives, and donations to various charitable and service organizations, including the American Cancer Society. Just as Buff Whelan Chevrolet has entered the second generation of family leadership, so have many of their customers. Kerry Whelan says many families' second and third generations are buying vehicles and having them serviced here. "Some of the customers have also turned into employees. It's all about relationships, which we take great pride in."If you have a question please give us a call at (586) 933-5557 or click here for our contact us page.
- Business History
- Robert "Buff" Whelan, started the business in spring of 1970 when he purchased the old Engle Chevrolet in Utica. Mr. Whelan knew he needed to expand in order to have a full service dealership. He soon acquired 13 acres of land on Van Dyke, south of 18 Mile, in Sterling Heights. It is still the location where the new and used car showrooms, body shop and service facilities are housed. The dealership became known as the place "Where the deals make the difference every day."
- New Vehicle Sales, Used and Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles, Full Service Department, Parts Department, Oil Change and Tire Rotations, Body Shop.
- Payment method:
- visa, discover, mastercard, all major credit cards, amex, debit, financing available, cash, check
- 17 1/2 and Van Dyke in Sterling Heights, MI servicing the Metro-Detroit area.
- Sterling Heights
- #1 in Michigan in Chevrolet sales volume since 2001, GM Dealer of the Year since 2002, Mark of Excellence Dealer since 2001.
- Tire Dealers, New Car Dealers, Used Car Dealers, Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Body Repairing & Painting, New Truck Dealers, Automobile Leasing