Upon arrival we were hit with an additional $22.00 per person for our group of 14 that was either not made clear on the phone or was not told to us. Paid showers do not work. Cold Water, smell like urine and stand in ankle deep water from septic system that is overfilled. Total filth. No one cleaning or refilling of soaps, paper towels ect. Entirely too many people are allowed on the float trip. Total cluster and water is so low that you do more walking then floating. Over- all bad exp...view moreerience. Phoned Business a few minutes ago not wanting anything other then to professionally and respectfully voice my disappointments to them. Rachel stood her ground not once taking any responsibility. She said it is not their faults that so many people choose Bass and all their help is needed on getting people out to float that they can't maintain the facility. I didn't even bother responding. Bass is overpriced and they are all into greed. I think the conservation department should step in and try and monitor how many are allowed on a float trip at one time. It is total chaos and out of control!view lessShare Review
Bass River ResortAdd to mybook
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Float Three Rivers:*Courtois - Huzzah - Meramec Rivers*Call for Free Brochure Directions: Go 10 Miles East of Steelville, MO on Hwy 8, Turn Left at the Bass River Resort Sign, then Go 1 1/2 Miles to Bass River Resort Headquarters The water conditions on the Courtois River are great for floating. We have a 6 or 13 mile mile trip on the Courtois that ends right back at your vehicle. For other trips & more up to date water conditions please cal 1-800-392-3700! We have activities for everyone. Good for family trips. Camping available and we also take Cash.
- Extra Phones:
Phone: (573) 786-8517
TollFree: (800) 392-3700
- *Canoes - Rafts - Kayaks - Tubes*Riverfront Camping*Log Cabins*RV Sites*Swimming Pool*Shower Houses*Catering & BBQ s*Group Rates*Horseback Riding *Zip Line High Course *River Trips *Rafting *Kayaking *Tubing *Canoeing *Ozark Trail *Riverfront Camping
- Payment method:
- visa, master card, amex, discover, check, cash
- 1 1/2 Hrs. Southwest of St. Louis, 4 1/2 Hrs. Southeast of Kansas City, 2 Hrs Southeast of Columbia We're just east of Steelville, MO 10 Miles
- Insured Family Owned & Operated,BBQ grills, Picnic tables, WiFi, Swimming Pool, Hot Showers, Shuttles, Flush Toilets, Swimming, River frontage, Hookup sites
- Horse Rentals, Marine Equipment & Supplies, Rafts, Campgrounds & Recreational Vehicle Parks, Canoes & Kayaks, Canoes Rental & Trips, Sporting Goods, Lodging, Cabins & Chalets
- Other Information:
While I was at Bass' they were awesome! Bass' cannot control what everyone does and how they act. Bass' is a great place to go and I strongly disagree with this review! I've had problems in the past with some neighbors of my campsite being loud. I told the office about it and the security officer came down right away and took care of the problem. One bad experience from other people around shouldn't make up your mind to not go back and to tell others not to go here. I recommend Bass' R...view moreiver Resort to everyone for a good time, families and groups of friends both!view lessShare Review
HEY FOLKS IM FROM ST PETERS MO , I HAVE BEEN HERE WITH FANILY AND IN WHAT I CALL THE ZOO/ ADULT SIDE , I ENJOYED MYSELF IN BOTH LOCATIONS , WE DID NOT HEAR ANY OF THE NOISE FROM THE ZOO / ADULT AREA AT ALL IN THE FAMILY SIDE OF THE CAMPGROUNDS , THE FAMILY SIDE IS VERY CLEAN AND CLOSE TO THE STORE AND POOL , THE ZOO WOW WHAT A BLAST , I HAVE BEEN THERE FOR BACHELOR PARTYS , MAN A GREAT TIME NO FIGHTS AND LOTS OF PARTYING FOLKS , ALSO GOOD SECURITY WHICH IS NICE , WHOEVER COMPLAINED...view more ON THE FIRST REVIEW OBVIOUSLY WAS NOT HAPPY WITH THE WEEKEND / WHO THEY WHERE WITH , AWESOME TIME AM GOING AGAIN SOON , MY KIDS HAVE BEEN GOING FOR SOME TIME AND I HAVE TAKEN SEVERAL FAMILIES WITH ME WHO KNOW GO DOWN ALSO ,view lessShare Review
I stayed at Bass' this summer and will definitely be back. Their grounds are so well kept, the log cabin we stayed in was immaculate and roomy. They have so many different ammenities, they can accomodate almost everyone. Our raft trip was very fun, the bus driver's are wonderful. Our horse back ride was great and your staff was wonderful! If we had any kind of question or problem they would offer the most they could to help us out. I will definitely tell others about your place and wil...view morel be returning in the future!I hated having to leave.view lessShare Review
Don't waste your time or money with this place. They are Unfriendly, Incompetent, & Unknowledgeable. They are only there for your money & offer no assistance. They are overpriced & still use "Bait & Switch" tactics to charge more. Would never go again & highly recommend to everyone - DO NOT PATRONIZE!!! - Bass River ResortShare Review
Bass Canoe is NOT FOR FAMILIES!
this is a good place for vulgar language, hoosiers and meth heads.
if you have a family, don't go. hoosiers turn up their stereos to the highest volume possible and scream obscenities.
when we complained to the office, they did NOTHING!
we also stayed in the "shady family area" which they promote as family friendly on the bass canoe website -- don't fall for it or you will be disappointed like we were.