Appliances R Russ
231 Quintard St, Staten Island, NY 10305
Be the first to add a photo!
Unfortunately I dropped something into the detergent compartment of my Asko washer (oopsie!) and it started making a horrible noise as a result. I called Asko and was referred to Appliances R Russ along with a couple of other repair shops who will remain nameless. I am VERY skeptical of repair shops because I am always afraid I'll get ripped off. Key points:
1) I compared pricing and protocol between 3 places and hands down, Appliances R Russ were the least expensive and the fairest. This made me a little nervous because you always hear "you get what you pay for". NOT the case here!
2) I spoke with Leslie and she was very helpful and flexible with the scheduling. She gave me a 3 hour window but said that if I needed sooner or later in the window she'd try to arrange it. She also said to feel free to call within the window to find out how much longer of a wait until the repairman arrived. I didn't do this, but it was a nice offer.
3) Russ himself showed up with Nick, a repairman in training (I think). They were both polite and ready to get down to business. As Russ was checking different parts of the machine he was explaining what each part was and what he was doing and why. I'm sure this was for the trainee's benefit but it was still interesting and I was able to ask some questions myself. He was able to find the errant item in about 20 minutes without having to fully dissemble the machine, which was my big fear.
He also gave me a brief tutorial on how to care for and troubleshoot the machines myself (basic things that I'm sure came in the manual, but who really reads those anyway?)
4) The price was exactly what he said it would be! No hidden fees, extra "but I had to take this apart" fees, etc. I was wary when I was told this on the phone since the other shops said it "started" at the price they quoted but made it very clear they can't give a firm price till they see what he issue is...even though I said what the issue was. I know that I dropped something into the detergent compartment/hose!
Russ charged exactly what I was quoted and not a penny more.
It was a great experience that restored my faith in repairmen. 100% I will be calling Appliances R Russ for all of our appliances in the future.
Keep up the good work, Russ!
05/08/2012Provided by Citysearch -
Called to have my brand new Asko Washer fixed (Asko btw is the absolute worst. Don't ever buy one).
1) They were very flexible with timing - they gave me a 4 hour window, but when i said i needed it early in the window they called the repairman and he re-arranged his schedule to oblige
2) The repairman, Joe, was an all-star. First he called me directly to give me a precise arrival time. Once here, he fixed the unit AND took some extra time to show me some troubleshooting tips and ways to avoid future problems. Honestly, one of the best repairman experiences i've ever had.
I would recommend these guys to everyone. NYC is full of repair companies that are pretty indifferent to customer service since the population is so big they can survive w' out repeat business/word of mouth - not these guys. I'll be using them exclusively going forward.