We were charged double for their failure to receive instructions from their dispatcher and arrived without the proper equipment to do the job. We were charged an hour for that non-productive visit of about 20 minutes and then the hour when they returned several days later to do the job after they secured a proper ladder. The job was performed satisfactorily, but at an inflated price. I feel we were scammed - the guys said there was nothing they could do as the pricing instructions were...view more coming from the supervisor. Not as bad as John Moore, but close.view less
- BBB Rating:
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- With so many electricians in Houston you are probably wondering who to hire? Should you go with a handyman, licensed electrician or an electrical contractor? If you are a homeowner or business owner your best bet is to hire an electrical contractor with the best electricians in Houston. Here is why: An electrical contractor must be fully licensed and insured to perform work in the state of Texas a reputable electrical contractor only hires electricians in Houston that are fully licensed Journeymen or apprentices. If a defective part is installed and it is under warranty then you expect it to be replaced without any issues. If a major incident occurs at your home due to the electrical work performed then you can be confident that your insurance will work with you to resolve the claim. Don't forget that Trim Electric is a licensed electrical contractor with the best electricians in Houston! Give us a call at 281-376-3838. or apprentices. If a defective part is installed and it is under warranty then you expect it to be replaced without any issues. If a major incident occurs at your home due to the electrical work performed then you can be confident that your insurance will work with you to resolve the claim. Don't forget that Trim Electric is a licensed electrical contractor with the best electricians in Houston! Our polite, uniformed Service Technicians are Drug and Background Tested. Give us a call at 281-376-3838.
- Extra Phones:
Fax Number: (281) 251-3636
- Repairs, Maintenance, New Construction, Breaker Box Replacement, Tenant Build-Out, Lighting, Ceiling Fans, Remodeling, Recessed Lighting, Underground Wiring, Cable & Phone Jacks, Troubleshooting, Network Cabling, New Circuits, Inspection Repairs, Security/Landscape Lighting, Design & Installation and Energy Efficient Lighting Upgrades
- Payment method:
- visa, amex, discover, debit, check, mastercard
- English, Spanish
- Better Business Bureau A+ MemberBBB Pinnacle Award Recipient 2012Angie's List ListedSpring / Klein ChamberThe Woodlands ChamberIEC
- Electricians, Altering & Remodeling Contractors, Electric Contractors-Commercial & Industrial, Home Improvements, Holiday Lights & Decorations, Lawn & Garden Equipment & Supplies, Building Contractors, Landscaping Equipment & Supplies, Home Repair & Maintenance
In November of 2010, we contracted with Trim Electric for over 2000 dollars worth of electrical work in our 20 year old home. We selected Trim based on positive online reviews and their 1 year, 100% guarantee on all labor and materials (as stated on their website).
Of the work they did, they installed 2 outside coach lights and a recessed light on our front porch and wired the three lights into an existing timer in our foyer.
A few weeks after having these lights installed, the tim...view moreer stopped working. We called to Trim and asked them to fix the issue, assuming it was covered under warranty. They sent out an electrician who said the timer was broken and replaced it with a standard switch. Then he handed us a bill for over $200.
I called to ask why we were being billed over $200 for a repair that we assumed was covered under their warranty, and was informed there was no indication the wiring was faulty. I told the lady I spoke with I was happy to pay for the materials, but felt being billed for the labor was unfair as they had removed and rewired the timer a few weeks before it broke (what other proof was needed that the wiring was faulty?). I also told her if we were forced to pay for the labor, we would find an electrician that truly stood by their work for our future needs.
At that point we were told we did not have to pay for the labor or switch.
A few months later, the switch stopped working again. In addition, when we tried to turn it on, it would flip the breaker in our foyer, master bathroom, & an upstairs bedroom. We found this extremely troubling and immediately called Trim to schedule another service appointment. We were told they were busy and to call back. Despite having no outside working lights, we were willing to wait for Trim to address the problem as they had installed the lights, and we felt this was potentially another warranty issue.
The calling and being told to call back continued for 5 months before we became suspicious. I pressured the scheduler to find time for us, as we felt this was a warranty issue, and was told we should find another electrician if we needed the problem addressed immediately. Being told to find another electrician to address a possible warranty issue obviously made us very uneasy.
It took several more calls to find out our customer file had been marked for ""NO FUTURE SERVICE"" in their computer system.
We were dumbfounded. When we asked why we were essentially blacklisted, we were told it was because we had not wanted to pay for the labor on the timer they had needed to replace. They did not inform us of this policy when we initially disputed the $200 charge or when we repeatedly called to schedule subsequent service on the same switch, and only found out after no less that 8 phone calls, and asking pointedly if and why we were being refused service. In our case, they never intended to tell us they were not coming back out to address our warranty issue, they hoped to simply delay service until we lost patience and found another electrician to address the problem. We are extremely lucky we were persistent enough to find out we had been blacklisted in time to address the issue as one can not file a complaint with the BBB if a warranty has expired.
We are still in conversations with Trim, and are very hopeful they will stand by their guarantee and inspect, and if need be repair the wiring and lights they installed. In the mean time, we have no working outside lights, a potential fire hazard and several thousand dollars of work they will not service despite the fact it should still be covered under warranty.view less
Our recent home purchase was a foreclosure. Therefore, all repairs were our responsibility. After the inspection was completed, there were a number of electrical issues with the home. We basically gave the report to Trim Electric and let them review and repair. Not only did they handle it timely, reasonably and professionally, but they found additional legitimate items that may not have been found without them going the extra step. They will be our go-to team for electrical issues...view more from now on.view less
I just found that we were listed on City Search so I wanted to be the first to post. I am biased because I work for the company but there are many good reasons to turn to Trim Electric for your residential or commercial electrical emergencies or projects. Trim Electric has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and has won the Super Service Award from Angie's list for two years in a row. You can find out more about the company by calling us at 281-376-3838 or don't take my wo...view morerd for it! Look us up on the BBB website or on Angie's List. Thanks!view less
i've had a few things done by trimm. some good, some not. they installed indoor outlets that worked fine but expensive. they installed an outside 110v outlet that failed 3 times ... but they did honor their work and finally got it right.
the most surprising thing though is that they will not provide a free estimate. who operates that way?
Hello Mr. Shiffrinp, I hope you are well. I think I also responded to a review that was erroneously posted on our Angie's list and they promptly removed it because it was not us. Trim Electric has been in business for over 30 years and we have never charged someone for an estimate.... We pride ourselves on great service and professionalism and are proud of the fact that we are A + rated with the better business bureau. Thanks, Trim Electric
These guys were recommended by Champion Lighting whom we purchased 2 lights for the entryway and stairs. They arrived on time, were very neat, cleaned up after themselves and installed both lights in a reasonable amount of time.
Thank you for your nice review. We hope you use are services again in the future!