Ridgeview Institute is a private, not-for-profit provider of psychiatric and addiction treatment.
- Hospitals, Medical Clinics, Rehabilitation Services
- Services/Product offered:
- Ridgeview Institute provides free, comprehensive assessments and referrals 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Appointments may be scheduled or individuals/families may be seen on a walk-in basis. Ridgeview Institute provides the following services for patients: * Adult Addiction Services * Adult Psychiatric Services * Older Adult Services * Recovering Professionals Services * Women's Services/Eating Disorders * Young Adult Addiction Services * Youth Services * Family Workshop * Aftercare Groups * Alumni Meetings * 12-step and Support Group Meetings We provide over 35 free, weekly 12-step and other support group meetings which are open to the public.
- 24 Hour Access ; Open 7 Days
- Ridgeview Institute
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Ridgeview Institute is accredited by the Joint Commission. Ridgeview is a member of the National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers (NAATP), National Association of Psychiatric Health Systems (NAPHS) and the Georgia Hospital Association (GHA).
My son is an addict. It's shameful, and embarrassing. Ridgeview taught me it is a brain disease. I have learned so much in the 3 weeks my son has been there. I've seen a HUGE change in him. He loves it there, and I love it there. I have a new family now. The staff is second to none. I am so happy with his decision to go to Ridgeview. It is truly a GREAT place!Was this review helpful?Yes No|Flag AbuseReview provided by: Citysearch
I hit a brick wall and knew I had to go ""somewhere!"" Researched several places to go and for various reasons Ridgeview was the place I chose. I was terrified with the unknown but I needed help and I just had to walk in and let it happen. The days will filled with two group therapy, two lectures, meditation, nightly recovery meetings and two to three psychiatric appointments per week - for four weeks. I can hone... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag AbuseReview provided by: Citysearch
I initially did not want to seek help at Ridgeview because I believed I did not have a problem with alcohol. Looking back -- not only did I have a problem but my life was starting to unravel. I entered their evening outpatient program, and it's the single best decision I've made my entire life. The staff educated me on addiction and how it is a disease, not an issue of morality. The campus and facilities are comforta... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag AbuseReview provided by: Citysearch
Having experienced treatment at Ridgeview and at other rehabilitation facilities including both a ""country club"" and a ""boot camp"", I am confident in recommending Ridgeview to anyone in need of help with alcoholism or addiction. Yes, the admissions process can be tedious and a bit frustrating. The one thing I can tell you for certain is that once you get past the admissions hurdle, the staff at Ridgeview genuinel... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag AbuseReview provided by: Citysearch
It was not my choice to go to treatment and get help; I didn't think I had a problem. I mean didn't everyone take prescribed medication the way I did; you know an entire month in a week. No!\r I've been clean and sober for just over 9 years and have been given the best gift a person can receive; the gift of being shown how to live life and not just exist in it. Ridgeview gave me the foundation and encouragement... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag AbuseReview provided by: Citysearch
I went to Ridgeview for treatment of long-term alcohol addiction in Feb 2008. Yes, it's scary to enter a psych hospital/treatment center. Yes, the assessment and admissions process is long and potentially uncomfortable for someone in the grip of addiction and/or psych issues. But that's what it takes no matter where you go for this kind of care. I didn't think anything or anyone really could help me to stop drink... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag AbuseReview provided by: Citysearch
This was the right place for me!!!! In July 2010 I was admitted to Ridgeview for Alcohol Addiction after intervention by three of my adult children. I hated it at first but after a few days decided to stay. This is a tough program. My case manager was a perfect fit FOR ME. I am 62 years old and have abused alcohol since age 14. SAVED MY LIFE. I do not know if this program is for everyone, but I would recommend it for... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag AbuseReview provided by: Citysearch
I'm going to preface this review with a disclaimer: one of the biggest - if not THE biggest - problems with mental health treatment in the U.S. is that simply being labeled ""mentally ill"" automatically throws everything you say and do under suspicion. The mentally ill are not stupid; many of us are quite lucid and brilliant, but the reasons why treatment never improves is because the people in the best position t... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag AbuseReview provided by: Citysearch