Are you kidding? Amazing experience with Giovanna. I hate having my hair cut, she had me totally relaxed and agreed with me about how curly hair acts. A new one for me. Within an hour of leaving the salon, i had strangers complimenting my hair! She cut my sisters' wavy hair about a month before, it too, is fantastic. Best of all, she cuts so u can grow it out for awhile. None of that, you must be back in three weeks nonsense.
- BBB Rating:
- General Info:
- We Believe About Duque... At Duque, we believe that how you do anything, is how you do everything. You'll see this philosophy illustrated throughout our establishment. Our attention to detail and our dedication to superb customer service are depicted in every aspect of our business. We take multiple elements, do them well, and put them together to create a totally different experience for the customer. No place in Seattle is more perfect! Ours is a place where you can experience the difference that a dry haircut makes, relax in a European old world style spa and shop your heart's content. The Dry Cutting Method... Our hairdressers cut hair dry. It allows them to deliver a tension free accurately shaped haircut, specifically suited to your facial features. You will never go back to a wet haircut after this experience. Our hairdressers do not want to impose their style. Educating the client is the most important part of the process. Our job as hairdressers at Duque is to help the client get over their fears, think outside the box, and take a chance. The bottom line is a modern cut that makes our client look and feel beautiful. The Spa... As you move into the spa, the feeling changes. The air is different: balmier, with a light herbal scent around you. You are lead down a dimly lit hallway, which winds away form the dynamic atmosphere of our salon and boutique. It is the only aspect of Duque that is entirely removed, however only a few steps away.
- Matrix Essentials
- Payment method:
- amex, check, discover, master card, visa, all major credit cards
- Corner of Ballard Avenue
- Adams, Ballard
Duque Salon Spa Boutique
Duque Salon + Spa + Boutique
Duque Salon Spa & Boutique
Duque Salon & Spa
- Beauty Salons, Massage Therapists, Day Spas, Medical Spas, Cosmetologists, Hair Removal, Make-Up Artists, Hair Stylists, Hair Braiding
- Other Information:
Bike Parking: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
By Appointment Only: No
I have to say I have been to alot of upscale salons only to pay too much money for a haircut and color I didnt like. Robert at Duque salon transformed my hair from lame to superduper wonderful! He took time to hear my complaints and gave me suggestions on how i can make my hair style better.I did a demi color to cover up my bassy highlights and he even gave me frindge bangs which I love love love!! I am mixed (black&white) so my hair is very confused and most stylist dont know how to t...view morereat my hair. Robert did a amazing job. I now understand the benefits of a dry cut and for mixed people this means ALOT. Robert and his wife and so nice and the salon was very relaxing! I will be coming back !! Thanks again Robert!view less
sunday market at ballard I watched this couple scream and abuse an older woman that was parking in front of their store as she had done for at least 6 years for 15to 20 minutes while she shopped and we all know this woman because of her wonderful dogs she bring with her but the owners of Duque abused and yelled at the top of their lungs at her ..it was awful and we will never go into their store ..everyone at the north end of the market saw it for 3 weekends....these people are not fro...view morem our Ballard....view less
I hate to shamelessly promote my brother for risk of everyone thinking I'm totally full of it, but here's the thing: I JUST had a baby six weeks ago and had spent my entire pregnancy avoiding mirrors at all costs while religiously taking my prenatal vitamins which resulted in waist length hair that had absolutely NO shape. This is where my brother, Bruno comes in. \r
I didn't doubt his capability to start with but after the haircut he just gave me it's definitely reaffirmed! He to...view moreok my BLAH long and doing-nothing-hair and gave it the PERFECT amount of layers to make it bouncy, healthy and dare I say SEXY? Plus he kept it long like I wanted..not removing more than needed to give it it's shape. \r
That's right, my brother gave me sexy gorgeous hair that takes 5 min to blow dry to perfection with a paddle brush. \r
I was feeling super yucky with all my pregnancy weight but my brother really made me feel beautiful again. Love you Bruno!\r
For one: All the NEGATIVE reviews are written by clients and the positive reviews ARE WRITTEN BY DUQUE. Here is why:
1) This place is awful, the staff will talk your ear off about how amazing they are. Smoke and mirrors...
2) All the positive reviews have headlines with exclamation points!
3) All the positive reviews are written by a username that has no other reviews (think about it).
4) Real people do not talk the way the positive reviews are written.
5) I received a service tha...view moret was dreadful and I question whether or not it was sanitary if they had to keep reassuring me that it was (think about it)
6) It is poor business practice to speak of past employees and clients.
7) The prices are so unbearable and do not reflect the quality of service.
I walked out of unsatisfied and thought about it more and started to wonder if anyone else shared my experience. To my dismay... many people did. The main problem is the staff. They truly have NO IDEA what they are doing but they talk a good game. They make you feel like they are honest... but then you start paying attention to what they are saying. If you need to find out for yourself I urge you to pay attention.
You will find out for yourself as the owner put it. You will find out that the business plan is made to trick people like me into spending money on their horrible services... and we are left feeling ripped off. The one thing they are great at... to be fair... smoke and mirrors.view less
I've been here several times, had my hair cut by owners each time. At first I was impressed by their big talk of how superior their particular technique, product, etc. etc was compared to the rest of the world. After a few visits that got quite old and realized how incredibly arrogant the owners are. Additionally, I feel I was treated like a wallet, not a real person. They constantly pushed items on me, and I felt like they saw me as a wallet and nothing else. I finally decided that th...view moreese are not the kind of people that deserve my business. I have found I can get a cut of the same quality for at least $20 cheaper and not have to put up with the attitude and constant pushing of their very expensive products and services.view less
being hispanic I have really unruly thick brows that it seems like every waxer is trying to ""thin."" I'm really glad I found Autumn she totally supports a beautifully shaped natural looking brow that's not overdone. she even spent the time to talk about home care instead of the normal rip and ship out you get at the cheap-o asian joints. this is the eyebrow spot for sure.
If you're a blonde I'm sure you know how ridiculous it is to try and get the perfect shade when some hairdressers interpret ""natural"" as butter yellow! yuck! I've been going to Robert for about two years now (Sorry Robert I've owed you thie review a while!) and he knows how to make my very not-natural blonde look like it grows out of my head that way! He's such a perfectionist and I can tell from not only my perfect color but the time he takes to painstakingly straighten my hair afte...view morerwards. If you haven't seen the space it's worth stopping by as well. They have some super cute jewelry...almost as cute as my hairdresser! (Tell Giovanna I'm only kidding Robert) Great great place and an even better group of people.view less