- BBB Rating:
- General Info:
- Lunch Menu Available - Monday - Friday Only 11:30 AM To 2 PM Make your way to this Benihana! Located in the heart of downtown Benihana has been a landmark in Seattle for 40 years. The tranquil Japanese gardens are the perfect backdrop for entertaining chefs, creating a unique atmosphere unmatched anywhere in the city. Prepare for a dining experience unlike any other. Watch as your personal chef performs the ancient art of Teppanyaki, preparing a meal that will dazzle your eyes as well as your taste buds. Listen as razor-sharp blades slice and dice through tender steak and juicy chicken. Take in the aroma as savory vegetables, shrimp and lobster sizzle before your eyes.
- Have you been to Benihana lately? Rediscover the personalized experience of having your choice of succulent seafood, tender chicken, juicy steaks, and garden-fresh vegetables grilled to delicious perfection in an extraordinary theater that will feed the senses and entertain the appetite. The meal begins with a delicate Japanese onion soup, followed by a salad with ginger dressing. The chef will prepare your chicken, beef or seafood, along with vegetables, hibachi-style on the sizzling grill surface. Be sure to enjoy the show, because Benihana chefs literally play with your food as they cook it.
- Payment method:
- mastercard, amex, visa, diners club, discover
- Located in the heart of downtown Seattle!
- Central Business District, Downtown, Seattle Central Business District, Downtown Seattle
- Take Out Restaurants, Japanese Restaurants, Family Style Restaurants, Clubs, Restaurants
- Other Information:
Bike Parking: Yes
Good For Family: Yes
Good For Groups: Yes
Good for Kids: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Take Out: Yes, No
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Chicken, Family Style, Sushi, Steakhouse, Seafood, Pan Asian
Alcohol: Full Bar
Takes Reservations: Yes
Outdoor Seating: No
Went with six of my friends for a casual dinner. I had never been to this restaurant before and was looking forward to it. We were greeted by a very surly waitress "June" who actually yelled at us to be quiet while she told us about the dinner specials. We listened, and then proceeded to look at the menu - but oh, no! June was ready to take our orders NOW!
We asked for some time and she actually pouted while we quickly made up our minds. Our "chef" was fine - nothing spectacular. But June made a point of squeezing her large frame between our table and the one behind us, bumping us and moving our chairs while she served us. The food was so-so, not at all what you would expect for the price. The service was terrible - we did not feel welcomed and actually felt as though we were being rushed out the door. Save your money and go somewhere else. But if you do go, watch out for June!
Posted: 9/27/2008Provided by Citysearch -
My husband and I love the hibachi grill experience but were VERY disappointed with Benihana in Seattle! The soup was just chicken broth, they charged extra for fried rice, the chicken was chewy, and they didn't even have the traditional orange shrimp sauce!!! There wasn't much of a show and the server wasn't particularly polite either. The only good thing was the sushi and drinks. We are definitely going to try some other places in the area, because this was not worth the $75 for two people!!!
Posted: 4/23/2008Provided by Citysearch -
I have been to the restaurant two times this month, once for grill and once for sushi. It was great experience to have food enjoying chef's performance for grill. But in the second visit for sushi, I was really annoyed by the terrible service of a waiter. She throwed forks, spoons, and glasses on the table. As my friends and I order more food, the service got better.
If you are to enjoy sushi, it would be much better to be served by chef on the bar.
Posted: 11/15/2007Provided by Citysearch -
I've been to Benihana many times and the service in the sushi bar is had been pretty good. But lately, it's been pretty bad. A week ago my wife and I had sushi in the lounge and I have to admit the the food was terrific. Unfortunately, the service was terrible. We ordered a bottle of premium sake and not only did the server serve it with unmatching glasses, tacky if you ask me, they were dirty and covered in some kind of film. The server was extremely slow to bring our drinks, apathetic and at times rude. Here's a helpful hint, sit at the sushi bar and get served by the chefs.
Posted: 10/31/2007Provided by Citysearch -
About 6 months ago, I had my first experience at a Japanese steakhouse, a Benihana knock-off in a strip mall in Renton. It was an exciting and fun experience, although a bit salty. I assumed that Benihana would be even better, and took my mother there for her birthday last night. Although the food was a bit better, and less salty than the other, the ""show"" left much to be desired. Our chef seemed very tired and eager to go home, and mumbled his way through cooking our meal with no excitement whatsoever. I expected flames, flying food, jokes, etc. Although I certainly can't complain about how our food turned out, we might as well have sat at a table and had our food brought to us. Don't make the drive to downtown and pay for parking if there is a japanese steakhouse nearby. I'm going to try the Japanese Steakhouse in Woodinville (same distance, free parking) and see if their chef can stay awake while cooking!
Posted: 9/16/2007Provided by Citysearch -
great Japanese Sushi place! Be yourself: If you're an expert on burgers, let us know. If this is your first-time massage, say so.
Compare apples to apples: Burger joints shouldn't be held to the same standards as four-star restaurants. Be conversational: Write it as if relaying your experience to a good friend.
Posted: 5/28/2007Provided by Citysearch -
We went to Benihana for a birthday celebration and had a great time. It was fun to get to know the people sitting at our table and eat in a social atmosphere. We were sat at a back table and so unfortunately service for drinks was a little slow and unattended to. We also had a later reservation, and the chef was obviously tired of entertaining for the day. Overall the food was delicious and timely compared to everyone else's at the table. We had a fun and entertaining experience and would go there again!