I love, love, LOVE MINORSAN! I started taking classes at MINORSAN in the beginning of January 2009...Not a resolution though. :)... And I have already noticed an increase in energy, strength, and confidence. I really do enjoy everything about MINORSAN. I am currently taking KickAeroBix, BodyPump, and Zumba classes. Kick is an intense cardio/strengthening kick boxing class. I have tried some "fad" kickboxing workouts, but they are nothing like the hands-on work with the bags and instructors. It is an amazing experience! Body Pump is a total weight trainging workout in an hour! All major muscle groups are worked with quads, hams, gluts, chest, back, bi/triceps, abs...You name it, body pump works it. And oh the burn... But it's a great kind of burn! Zumba is an energetic latin dance/aerobics workout that doesn't even feel like a workout. One of the things I love most about MINORSAN is the welcoming environment. There is a range of ability and fitness levels, but no matter your ability, you never feel intimidated or uncomfortable. It always amazes me that Clara and Dio greet everyone by name, and Dio even makes rounds during Kick to give welcoming hugs and tap gloves with his students. I don't think there is enough I could say about how wonderful I think MINORSAN is. I drove past the studio so many, many times and put off checking it out. For that, I kick myself. Walking down the street feeling stronger, holding myself more confidently, means everything to me. With the free week trial they offer, you have nothing to lose by checking out a few classes. The only tough thing about MINORSAN is that because it is getting quite popular, it gets a little crowded. To avoid any jams, get to class a little ealry. I hope this review was helpful. Thanks to Clara and Dio for owning such an amazing facility!
MINORSAN Self-Defense & Fitness
- General Info:
- Minorsan's purpose for existence is to provide Martial Arts Programs & Self-Defense Training to the Santa Cruz Community, and to provide Fitness Workouts that are dynamic and results-oriented. Over the years the community has gotten more fit and expect more. We provide the "more." Through Fitness & Martial Arts, members become healthier in mind, body and spirit. Each person who becomes more healthy adds to the pool of healthy individuals in our community. A healthy community is a happy community. We are here for you too.
- Payment method:
- check, master card, visa, cash, debit
- Located between Laurel and Bay on Mission Street (on the Westside) on the right side of Mission, as you are heading North to San Francisco.
- Member-focused Group Classes, Air Conditioning/Heating, Clean Facility, Dedicated Parking Lot, Landscaped, Free Filtered Water, Free Hair Ties, Earplugs, Hand Sanitizer, Hand Wipes, Women's Products, etc., Gloves to borrow for Kickboxing
- English, Spanish
- Santa Cruz Chamber of Commerce, Think Local First
- Weight Control Services, Yoga Instruction, Martial Arts Instruction, Exercise & Physical Fitness Programs, Pilates Instruction & Equipment