Love this bakery! Another westside find, and it's fantastic. We've tried their delicate french pastries (macarons - yes, please!) and lunch items. The staff turns over, for the most part friendly. Pretty good sized outdoor eating area in the courtyard by shops.
Kelly's French Bakery
- General Info:
- Kellys French Bakery has been operational since 1881. It offers a variety of bakery products, including cakes and pies. It operates various retail stores that sell bread and pastries. The bakery also provides chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies, coconut macaroons and almond raisin biscotti. It offers a variety of scones, including ginger pear, currant, raspberry coconut, ollalieberry orange, blueberry and apple. The bakery sells various types of bread, such as jalapeno cheddar, pin tobin and four seed compagnon. It also offers burgers, sandwiches and noodles. Kellys French Bakery is located in Santa Cruz, Calif.
- Extra Phones:
Phone: (831) 423-4395
- Payment method:
- visa, mastercard, all major credit cards, amex, discover
- French Restaurants, Dessert Restaurants, Coffee & Espresso Restaurants, Continental Restaurants, Bakeries, Restaurants
- Other Information:
Parking: Lot, Private
Bike Parking: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Cuisines: Sandwiches, French, Coffee House, Dessert, Ice Cream, European, Diner, Continental, Cafe, Pastries
Price Range : Average
01/12/2011Provided by Citysearch -
I'm satisfied every time I venture over to the Westside for a few sweet treats. The line is almost always out the door but remain calm, you will most likely need the time to look over all of the delicious possibilities.
What I have eaten there:
1. Chicken Durango Sandwich-it was pretty good, definitely not bad. However, it is expensive for a sandwich. But, I would get it again because I have a soft spot for breaded chicken sandwiches...especially when it is a classy version with roasted red peppers and fancy cheese.
2. Pear and Almond Tart-Oh man, this is a must. So perfectly sweet and flavorful!
3. Any and all of the French Macaroons- I took my Parisian friend to Kelly's for a verdict on the authenticity of the macaroons. Overall, she agreed that the were almost perfect. Almost perfect will work for me in this case. They are delicious, especially the pistachio one.
Overall, Kelly's is a great bakery. They offer full meals (around $10), sweet treats, a full coffee bar, and freshly baked bread. They now sell ice cream but I would not waste my money again. It is way too expensive and only mediocre
Hope this review helps some venture out to Kelly's.
Eat more food,