Sierra Elementary & High SchoolAdd to mybook
Sierra School's mission is to maximize the potential of each child by fostering a love of learning in a challenging and balanced environment.
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Founded in 1974, Sierra School provides a challenging, comprehensive academic curriculum enriched with art, music, drama, computer technology and foreign language. Balancing this thoughtful and well-rounded written curriculum with life-enriching activities maximizes success for all students. In addition to our K-12 school, we also offer an International Studies Program (ESL) designed for foreign students in Grades 7-12. Through partnership with SEVIS, Sierra creates F-1/I-20 visas allowing students the ability to travel and study at Sierra. Academic Excellence and Life Enrichment! Sierra School Staff Sierra's educators are the best the Bay Area has to offer. Each teacher possesses the knowledge, experience, and love for teaching that is necessary to guide and inspire students to realize their full potential. They know how to challenge students without pressure so that all students can confidently work to the best of their capabilities. Sierra School's mission is to maximize the potential of each child by fostering a love of learning in a challenging and balanced environment. Sierra's commitment to our students is to provide the highest quality education, balanced with life-enriching activities, to establish a solid foundation upon which they can build successful, happy, and prosperous lives.
- Extra Phones:
Fax: (408) 247-0996
- WASC Accreditation - After completing a rigorous three year self-assessment, committee review and evaluation, Sierra School received full accreditation by WASC, the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Highlights from the visiting committee's formal report include these areas of strength for Sierra School:
- Teachers use a wide variety of instructional approaches and modify instructional strategies to meet individual students' learning styles, and they use assessment data to alter their lessons.
- The diverse student body demonstrates an inordinately high level of caring and support for one another.
- The principal's highly effective leadership style that empowers the faculty.
- Small class size allows for one-on-one assistance when needed, and the well qualified aides in the classrooms increase the students' opportunities for professional individualized instruction and immediate feedback.
- The ESL program on campus adds a unique atmosphere that contributes to the schools effectiveness.
- The manner in which the WASC procedure was followed brought out a sense of empowerment to the entire school community.
- The accessibility of the faculty to parents leads to a successful parent/school partnership.
- Open ended and individualized assignments allow students to interact with content in a way that is meaningful and real to them.
- Elementary School, Junior High School, Senior High School, ESL (English as a Second Language) /International Studies program.
- Payment method:
We offer a healthy, catered hot lunch program through OrganicBagLunch-Whole Foods. We offer after-school tutoring on an hourly basis for those needing additional support. Morning Care is provided free of charge between 7am and 9pm. Extended Care and Enrichment classes are available between 3pm and 6pm.
- Private Schools (K-12), Preschools & Kindergarten, Schools, Elementary Schools, Middle Schools, High Schools