We have been taking our 2 dogs to the surgery for a number of years and Dr Frank has been very helpful. However he has now employed new receptionist staff and they are rude and take no interest in the dogs. Therefore we reluctantly have moved our business. If you have the same experience as us I am sure a large number of people will switch.
Wekiva Forest Animal Hospital
- BBB Rating:
- General Info:
- Wekiva Forest Animal Hospital is committed to strengthening the human-animal companion bond. We feature clean facilities, a caring doctor and a friendly staff. We even have separate cat and dog waiting areas. Our animal care services include exams, vaccinations, general and advanced surgeries, an in-house lab, general and advanced dental procedures and behavior counseling.
- At Wekiva Forest Animal Hospital, we treat a variety of animals including cats, dogs, rabbits, ferrets and pocket pets too! We appreciate the great confidence and trust clients place in us by choosing our hospital to care for their pets. Our services include the following: Boarding Complete Companion Animal Care Dentistry Diagnostic Services On Site Diagnostic Ultrasonography Dietary and Nutritional Counseling Elective Surgeries and Orthopedics Examinations, Vaccinations, Surgery and Medicine Geriatric Care Grooming Medical Diagnostics and Hospitalized Treatment Pet Food and Supplies Radiology Routine Health Examinations Routine Small Animal Medical and Surgical Services Routine Surgeries Small Animal Medicine and Surgery for Cats and Dogs Wellness and Preventive Medicine
- Payment method:
- amex, master card, visa, travelers checks, debit, check, cash, discover
- In Sanford on State Road 46 just west of I-4.
- We feature clean facilities, a caring doctor and a friendly staff. We even have separate cat and dog waiting areas. Our animal care services include exams, vaccinations, general and advanced surgeries, an in-house lab, general and advanced dental procedures and behavior counseling.
- Aaha Member OF American Animal Hospital THE Association,Avma American Veterinarian Medical Association,Fvma Florida Veterinarian Medical Association
- Kennels, Pet Boarding & Kennels, Pet Grooming, Pet Services, Veterinarian Emergency Services, Veterinary Clinics & Hospitals, Veterinarians
- Other Information:
Specialties: Felines, Cats, Puppies, Dogs, Internal Medicine, Doggies, Kittens, Canines
Dr. Frank is a wonderful caring vet. He has taken time to answer questions that arose after our appt over the phone in detail. He diagnosed in 1 visit what another vet never diagnosed despite extensive & expensive testing. We highly recommend him.
Dr. Frank removed a tumor from my cat's leg. The stitches had poorly placed and the cat's skin at been puckered and not sutured correctly. He had a vet tech remove the stitches and did not examine the cat at all himself. The tech even mentioned there was a red spot we needed to keep an eye on. The vet still did not examine the cat himself.
Within and hour or two of being home, the cat's leg had opened up from ankle to hip and his muscles were showing. Dr. Frank's office closed ...view moreearly that day and we were forced to find another vet in the emergency. Dr. Frank was incredibly rude when we called to ask about re-imbursement for the other vet and even said he would have charged us for anesthetic to fix the cat. He has lied to our credit card company and has refused to release the cat's appointment notes. It has been one nightmare after another trying to get him to do the right thing. I do NOT recommend him AT ALL!!view less
I could not disagree more with the previous review. Our two dogs have been patients of Dr. Frank for over 2 years, and we have been very pleased with the service that he and his office staff have provided. We have been in the office several times for both check-ups and sick visits, and we board both of our dogs with the practice on a regular basis. I feel that Dr. Frank is very honest, non-judgemental, and caring when examining animals and discussing their health with us. We will conti...view morenue to utilize this practice and recommend Dr. Frank to our friends.view less
I initially went to this vet because I had moved and the location was the closest to my house. I even went into work late that day because my cat was sick, and I wanted them to diagnose her. I was there for ten minutes while they gave her a shot. I paid over $50 to not even find out the real problem. I was also told that my cat didn't need an annual check-up because apparently cats don't need them every year.
The problem then preceded to get worse over the past two months, so I we...view morent back to the vet since he knew of the issue and I had paid all the money prior. He then told me again that there was nothing wrong with her despite the issue being blatantly obvious. I pled with the staff that my cat was sick, and only then, did they get medication ready for my pet. They didn't even know the issue but attempted to charge me money for the prescription. At this point, I was getting really annoyed with the services I was receiving and let the staff now.
I got frustrated that I just left and drove thirty minutes to my previous vet. After ten minutes in the waiting room, the new doctor was able to diagnosis the issue and prescribe medicine for my pet. The vet also told me that an annual check up was actually completely routine and he did not understand why the vet told me that.
Dr. Frank Wilbur and staff are rude, neglilent, and incompetent. My pet could have died, and they didn't care. If I had listened to their diagnosis, my pet could have been in danger.
They didn't call to check up on her or anything after my first visit or after my second one.
The doctor even had the nerve to say he didn't want my business because I wasn't pleased with his service. Do not go here!view less