Windy City Pizza-BBQAdd to mybook
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Windy City Pizza & BBQ combines the friendliness of a small town Texas cafe with the fun atmosphere and energy level of a Chicago neighborhood tavern. Chicago favorites like Deep Dish Pizza, Italian Beef Sandwiches and Vienna Hot Dogs join up with genuine Texas Pit Smoked BBQ for a sweet combination of good eating. Come see us. GENUINE PIT-SMOKED TEXAS BAR-B-Q: Start with a custom-built Texas pit smoker - big enough to feed a Sunday-after church, hungry, hat-wearing crowd, usually about 1,000lbs-plus of un-Vegeterian deliciousness. A firebox load of post-oak to cook the meat with just smoke and heat...and you're ready to carry on the tradition of low and slow cooking with a pit-master's touch to render the meat down to its basic, juicy, smoky tenderness... That's what I'm talking about!...then there's the pizza...CHICAGO DEEP DISH PIZZA: All the cattle were driven from Texas up to Chicago to market, a wonderful thing happened. The Southern cornbread - cooked in a big cast iron skillet - was introduced to sauce, meat and cheese in a blackened 2" deep baking pan. Nothing's been the same since!
- Take the best artisanal flour, premium Wisconsin cheese, Chicago's finest sausage, fresh crushed tomatoes, plus a little cornmeal added to the crust...and you have some of the best eating outside of Chicago!
- Payment method:
- visa, mastercard
- Borel Square Shopping Ctr
- Hayward Park
- Italian, Spanish
- Pizza, Take Out Restaurants, Caterers, Barbecue Restaurants, Restaurants
The pizza is excellent. slightly sweet sauce and good crust. I love the taste of the ""memphis pig sandwich"" (bbq pulled-pork sandwich) although I believe it is overpriced. The atmosphere is a little dark for me, but if you like the pub/sport bar feel, then this would be the place for you.Like this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch