North Peninsula Veterinary Emergency ClinicAdd to mybook
- Social Links:
- Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- HOURS:We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. TYPE OF FACILITY: The North Peninsula Veterinary Emergency Clinic was established in 1973 by thirty-three Peninsula veterinarians as an auxiliary veterinary service: we augment existing veterinary hospitals after their regular hours. We do not duplicate non-emergency services such as routine vaccinations, neutering, worming, et cetera. Our primary goal is to provide intensive care facilities for patients that are ill or injured. The emergency clinic also provides relief from other mishaps or ailments that may not be life-threatening, but are painful or are cause for immediate concern on the part of the pet owner. REFERRAL POLICY: Many veterinary hospitals refer emergency calls to us when they are not available. In case of emergency, we ask that you first call your regular veterinarian. On many occasions, you will be given our clinic number. Do not be disappointed to find that your pet's own doctor is not available.Your veterinarian works long hours, and referral to a high-quality 24 hour veterinary center is the best way to ensure the best care for your pet when your family veterinarian is not available.
- SURGERY: A wide range of surgical procedures are performed at the emergency clinic. The surgical fees include pre-surgical preparation of the patient, the surgeon's time, a surgical assistant, use of the surgical suite, and surgical supplies and equipment used during the procedure. For more involved procedures, a surgical specialist may be called in to perform the surgery. ANESTHESIA: Various types of anesthetics are available. Some are given by injection, others are gases given by a face mask or endotracheal tube. Fees include anesthetic induction agents as well as anesthesia itself. X-RAY: Radiographs are often necessary to aid in the diagnosis of a problem. We have a state of the art digital system. LABORATORY: For those patients presenting a diagnostic challenge, blood tests and urinalyses can be performed in our laboratory. We utilize several sophisticated blood analyzers that may help the doctor determine which organs are malfunctioning(kidney, liver et cetera) To avoid any misunderstanding, the doctor on duty will give you an initial estimate of charges prior to admitting your pet. In some cases, a complete evaluation of your pet's condition may take several hours, and a more accurate estimate may be delayed until that time. If your pet's condition changes after being admitted to the hospital, we will try to contact you as soon as circumstances allow to discuss additional therapy that may be needed.For your convenience, we accept VISA, MC, Discover and personal checks (with proper ID), as well as cash. We also accept CareCredit, which allows you to make interest-free payments.
- Payment method:
- cash, travelers checks, master card, check, debit, discover, visa
- We are located 2 blocks south of DMV in San Mateo. We are the very last office in the building, with the large, round, silver dog and cat logo and blue bench in front.
- North Central
- English, Spanish
Animal Urgent Care of San Mateo
- Pet Services, Veterinarian Emergency Services, Veterinary Specialty Services, Veterinary Clinics & Hospitals, Veterinarians