Sat - Sun Open 24 Hours
- More Info:
- Hours: Week nights: 6:00pm until 8:00am the following morning. Our nursing staff answers the phone beginning at 5:30pm. Weekends: 6:00pm Friday continuously until 8:00am Monday Holidays: Open 24 hours on major holidays TYPE OF FACILITY The North Peninsula Veterinary Emergency Clinic was established in 1973 by thirty-three Peninsula veterinarians as an auxiliary veterinary service: we augment existing veterinary hospitals after their regular hours. We do not duplicate non-emergency services such as routine vaccinations, neutering, worming, et cetera. Any non-emergency conditions discovered in the course of an examination will be brought to the owner's attention, but will have to be treated at a routine care hospital. Our primary goal is to provide intensive care facilities for patients that are seriously ill or injured. The emergency clinic also provides relief from other mishaps or ailments that may not be life-threatening, but are painful or are cause for immediate concern on the part of the pet owner REFERRAL POLICY Many veterinary hospitals refer emergency calls to us in the evenings or on weekends. In case of emergency, we ask that you first call your regular veterinarian. On many occasions, you will be given our clinic number. Do not be disappointed to find that your pet's own doctor is not available.
- SURGERY A wide range of surgical procedures are performed at the emergency clinic. The surgical fees include pre-surgical preparation of the patient, the surgeon's time, a surgical assistant, use of the surgical suite, and surgical supplies and equipment used during the procedure. For more involved procedures, a surgical specialist may be called in to perform the surgery ANESTHESIA Various types of anesthetics are available. Some are given by injection, others are gases given by a face mask or endotracheal tube. Fees include anesthetic induction agents as well as anesthesia itself XRAY Radiographs are often necessary to aid in the diagnosis of a problem. LABORATORY For those patients presenting a diagnostic challenge, blood tests and urinalyses can be performed in our laboratory. We utilize several sophisticated blood analyzers that may help the doctor determine which organs are malfunctioning(kidney, liver et cetera) To avoid any misunderstanding, the doctor on duty will give you an initial estimate of charges prior to admitting your pet. In some cases, a complete evaluation of your pet's condition may take several hours, and a more accurate estimate may be delayed until that time. If your pet's condition changes after being admitted to the hospital, we will try to contact you as soon as circumstances allow to discuss additional therapy that may be needed. For your convenience, we accept VISA, MC, and personal checks (with proper ID), as well as cash. We also accept CareCredit, which allows you to spread payment over 6 months or more.
- Payment method:
- master card, visa, check, debit, discover
- We are located 2 blocks south of DMV in San Mateo. We are the very last office in the building, with the large, round, silver dog and cat logo in front.
- Veterinarians, Veterinary Clinics & Hospitals, Veterinarian Emergency Services, Pet Services, Veterinary Specialty Services