Martinez Family Funeral Home
- Social Links:
- Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- At Martinez Family Funeral Home, we understand what our customers are going through. That is why we strive to provide you with the utmost respect and compassion. From cremation to funeral services, rest assured we are here to assist you in any way we can. Martinez Family Funeral Home is a family-operated funeral home serving San Jose and the surrounding communities for more than 43 years. We offer low-cost traditional burial, cremation and funeral services, in addition to reliable ship outs to Mexico, Philippines and Vietnam at about half the cost of their competitors. When you need funeral directors dedicated to meeting your needs, you can rely on us.
- Funeral Services; Traditional Burials; Cremation; Ship Out Services
- Payment method:
- all major credit cards
- Price Range:
- Cremation $750 * Traditional Service $3300 Includes Casket * International Ship-Outs - Ship Outs to Mexico starts at $3695 Includes Casket
- Servicing the San Jose Area
- Little Portugal North, Alum Rock
- Specializes in Ship Outs to Mexico, Philippines and Vietnam
- English, Spanish
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
- Funeral Information & Advisory Services, Funeral Supplies & Services, Funeral Directors Equipment & Supplies, Caskets, Crematories, Funeral Directors, Cemeteries
I cant even explain the gratitude that I have for the staff at Martinez Funeral Home. Within a 5 month span I lost both my father and mother and they were so understanding and compassionate. Its never all about the money with them and really work with the families of the diseased. They are by far the cheapest in San Jose and very professional. My prayers to them that their business prospers because what they give to families is such a blessing
I have been to many Funeral Services and Funeral Homes in the Santa Clara County area. But, I have never been so amazed of how helpful and genuine these people are that work at Martinez and Barba Funeral Home. They make you feel as they were working with there own family member, and not just some kind of business deal as other competitive funeral homes do. The owner Anthony Martinez who is the Embalmer/ Funeral Director if you meet him he has a heart of gold he would reach the extra mile for every single family that walks inside his funeral home. Secondly, there is Phil the funeral counselor at the facility I met him a few years ago, when I had a friend of the family pass away and he was there every single step of the way for me to feel comfortable. Lastly, there is a young women that works there by the name of Lisa Martinez and she is also a funeral counselor, and she is absolutely amazing she can really work a make up brush if I do say so myself because she did the cosmetics on my family friend and she came out beautiful. All who work there are loving, caring, and sympathetic individuals. I know one day God will grant you with great success and prosperity in your lives. God Bless You!
There is no way to write a review that encompasses my complete gratitude towards James and Tony!
My boyfriend lost his son of 23 yrs (born a twin) rather suddenly. As I write this we are still awaiting the outcome of the investigation. And while at first it was mandatory his body stay with the coroner, by the time I talked with James at Martinez & Barba, the deceased had been running a daily tab of $50 per day for almost three weeks and counting.
While gratitude is extended to every one who came in the pretense of helping, lets just say we had so many chefs in the kitchen that we couldn't even find the kitchen anymore. Lets just say that by the time I called Martinez and Barba I was a bit stressed out...
I love how when James picked up the phone, he was clearly busy with another customer, yet while not taking away the service he was giving to this other person, handled our emergency with a sense of urgency and perfection. I was given his email and a promise to reply within the hour! I simply just emailed him my information and questions while he was taking care of his current customer and hoped that I'd get the call back (+10 for this computer nerd).
When he called me back he had done his homework and had made himself available to come to us for necessary paperwork and signatures. I'm sure it must have been tough to rearrange his day last minute but it didn't show; Only compassion, professionalism and kindness!
To sum it up, I first talked with James and sent email about 1pm, he followed up by 2pm, was at our house by 3 and had the deceased checked out of the coroners by the 4pm deadline!
When we got the confirmation the following hour by James letting us know all was done, my boyfriend was already fast asleep in one of the deepest sleeps I've seen him take since his son's death.
Again, thank you so much! You are a blessing!!
After the sudden death of my mother I went about the unpleasant task of arranging her funeral. I expected the sharks of the funeral industry to begin to prey on my devastated family and sure enough, many funeral homes seemed like nothing more like car salesmen with a caskets instead of cars.
However, after speaking with James Barba I felt that I had found a place that wasn't looking to take advantage of my family's situation. James, Anthony and Phil made sure they did everything they could to accommodate our family and our modest budget. They spoke to us as people who had suffered a loss rather than clients looking to make a business deal.
Our entirely family was extremely satisfied with their services. Many thanks go out to the team at Martinez and Barba.