These are all top of their field. Most times you don't even get in without a referral. You DO pay for it, however, so definitely beware. They are not rip off artists, they just have state of the art equipment and use the high end anesthesia and keep up with the latest in medicine and treatments etc. These vets are considered the top in their field and are widely respected. It is truly impressive but can really br... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
VCA San Francisco Veterinary SpecialistsAdd to mybook
- Social Links:
- Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- The first and premier multi-specialty veterinary referral hospital in San Francisco, VCA SFVS has served the Bay Area since 1997. Our full-service hospital offers specialized care, diagnostics and treatment, including internal medicine, surgery, oncology, neurology and neurosurgery, cardiology, dermatology and allergy, integrative medicine, dentistry and oral surgery, behavior, critical care, and 24/7 emergency care for dogs and cats. We are an AAHA-accredited referral hospital.
- Our full-service hospital offers specialized care, diagnostics and treatment for dogs and cats, including: • internal medicine • surgery • oncology • neurology and neurosurgery • cardiology • dermatology and allergy • integrative medicine • dentistry and oral surgery • behavior • critical care • 24/7 emergency careIn an emergency: Contact your primary care veterinarian’s office. They may be more closely located and available to assist you. If it is after hours or VCA SFVS is more conveniently located please call us.
- • Cats • Dogs
- Payment method:
- master card, amex, discover, visa
- VCA SFVS is conveniently located in the Mission District at the corner of 18th and Alabama.
- Southeast San Francisco, Mission District
- • 24/7 Emergency & Critical Care • Caring for your pets the way we care for our own • Experienced & knowledgeable veterinarians, technicians and staff • Highest level of care for your pet • Specialty Services by appointment
- American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA)
- Veterinarians, Pet Services, Veterinary Clinics & Hospitals, Veterinarian Emergency Services, Veterinary Information & Referral Services, Pet Grooming
So I have been taking our dogs to SFVS for years. Most of their doctors have been amazing especially Dr. April LeBlanc who sadly has left for another practice. Yes, they are really really expensive but when you have a very sick pet you will pay anything right? But here's a caution: If you happen to get Dr. Anderson, run the other way or demand another doc. She has attitude plus. She has zero bedside manner an... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
I took my dog here on Labor Day due to a severe allergic reaction and was warned that it could be a long wait. Understandable. After two hours, the person immediately in front of me comes out of her room and starts to check out. Great, it's finally my turn, right? NOPE! After awhile, I ask what is going on and was told the doctor is not busy with any patients, but decided to do some paperwork. Uh, WHAT??!! At th... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
We have had a wonderful experience at San Francisco Veterinary Specialist. Initially, we had gone there for their emergency services and were met with the most professional doctors and a most esthetic environment. Both Dr. LeBlanc and Dr. West who both have assisted my dog in emergency situations were wonderful. \r\n\r\nOur current hero is Dr. David Fong who oversees the Holistic Medicine practice at SFVS. Our pr... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
SFVS is fantastic! Dr. Watt and staff saved my Frenchbulldog from being permanetly paralyzed. This facillity is large,very clean, modern, highly skilled , and state of the art. The staff was fantastic.\r\nI was very impressed with their honesty, knowledge,skill,organization, and prompt service. My dog \r\nhad a difficult spinal surgery the day I brought her in and received excellent care throughout her stay. sfvs has... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
We took our cat to SFCS in an emergency last year, and have been going there ever since. The staff is incredible thoughtful and bend over backwards to accomodate owners and their pets. They offer an immense number of services and have a wide variety of staff specialists. These offerings combined with an incredibly clean and soothing environment *almost* remove the trauma of going to the vet. Additionally everythi... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch