The room and bed were great. I had an awesome night of sleep. They had a prettt good beer selection at the hotel bar for after work networking. The bar food was mediocre.
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
Secure online booking with Expedia Affliate Network Call 866-761-3335 to book by phone
The room rates listed are double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
- General Info:
- Our downtown San Francisco hotel is just south of Market Street in the SOMA district, just steps away from the Moscone Convention Center and Yerba Buena Gardens. Visit one of several nearby museums and restaurants or head to Union Square or AT&T Park, home of the San Francisco Giants. Enjoy stunning city views and cocktails at The View Lounge or grab a bite to eat at Mission Grille. Book your stay today.
- Extra Phones:
Fax: (415) 486-8101
- Payment method:
- discover, master card, visa, amex, cash, check, diners club
- With a stay at San Francisco Marriott Marquis, you'll be centrally located in San Francisco, steps from Westfield Metreon and Museum of Craft and Folk Art. This 4-star hotel is close to Union Square and Lombard Street.
- Southeast San Francisco, South of Market
- Hotels, Banquet Halls & Reception Facilities, Restaurants
- Other Information:
Check-In Time: 4 PM
Check-Out Time: noon
Property Amenities: Multilingual staff, Express check-in, Breakfast available (surcharge), Elevator/lift, Express check-out, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge, Fitness facilities, Sauna, Safe-deposit box at front desk, Porter/bellhop, Conference center, Business center, 24-hour front desk, ATM/banking, Meeting rooms, Limo or Town Car service available, Concierge services, Gift shops or newsstand, Wedding services, Conference space, Luggage storage, Dry cleaning/laundry service, Spa treatment room(s)
Room Amenities: Daily housekeeping, Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge), Shower/tub combination, Private bathroom, Phone, Hair dryer, Pay movies, Premium bedding, Air conditioning, Designer toiletries, Refrigerator (on request), Blackout drapes/curtains, Hypo-allergenic bedding available, HDTV, Flat-panel TV, In-room massage available, Iron/ironing board, Cable TV service, Desk, Cribs/infant beds available, Coffee/tea maker, Premium TV channels, In-room safe
Posted: 11/24/2002Provided by Citysearch -
After having a bad experience at the westin, i switched to the marriott and was very grateful. I am platinum with starwood and marriott, but the westin staff really didn't care. The staff at the Marriott treated me amazingly, upgraded me to a junior suite, let me see rooms to ensure they were quiet enough before i checked in, and of course the concierge lounge was open w/ free drinks and appetizers. Marriott's rooms, while not decorated nicely as the westin (good old pink & green...) were much quieter. The concierge was helpful and had giant books of all the menus of every restaurant in town. All staff (front desk, etc..) were **much** more friendly than at the westin. Plus, the marriott had HBO and high speed internet available. I know starwood points are nice, but they're really just not worth it sometimes...