National Car Rental
- General Info:
- National Car Rental is a premium, internationally recognized brand serving the daily rental needs of the frequent airport traveler throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, Latin America and Asia. National Car Rental provides a large selection of quality vehicles for your business or leisure car rental needs from midsize and full-size car models, to convertibles, SUVs, and minivans as well as specialty cars, trucks, and van rental. National provides exceptional variety and service to every car reservation and rental.Nationalcar.com offers nationwide car rental exclusives, daily, weekly, weekend and one-way rental car specials as well as our Last Minute travel discounts. Reserving a rental car, luxury car rental, or van rental for your next business trip or vacation travel couldn't be any more convenient. Our simple, secure, and easy online car reservation process makes car rental quick and easy for worldwide car reservation and car rental rate.
- Airport Pick Up
- Car Rental
- Economy Car Rental
- Luxury Car Rental
- Rent a Car
- Rental Cars
- Auto Rental, Car Rental, Economy Car Rental, Luxury Car Rental, Rent a Car, Rental Cars
- Payment method:
- discover, master card, visa, amex, cash, check
- Downtown San Francisco-Union Square, Northeast San Francisco
- The Emerald Club ® from National is a complimentary frequent renter program providing a fast and frictionless rental process. Members can bypass the counter and choose any car from the Emerald Club Aisle
- Car Rental, Truck Rental, Trailer Renting & Leasing
The return time they gave me on the contract was one hour *after* the location closed for the day. And the location doesn't have an after-hours dropoff.
So I was on the phone with National's call center in India for an hour trying to debate with them that 1) No, I wasn't going to drive all the way to the SFO airport in rush hour to drop off their car and 2) No, I wasn't going to pay a late fee because they screwed up by giving me the wrong return time.
Finally I got them to tell me that I could drop it off at an Enterprise location as an alternative. So I found one after-hours Enterprise location in the area, dropped the car, and the next day I called them back to tell them. The call center people denied having told me to drop it off at Enterprise, and insisted the rental was still "open." When I finally convinced them that I had already dropped the car off, they asked me to call the Enterprise location to tell them where to take the car. Why is that my job? It's their car!
Finally, I called the original office that rented it to me and they took care of it, even waived the late fee. Which is why this is a two-star review and not a one-star.
Also the car drove fine. No problems there. Just terrible customer service!!!