Henry's Hunan Restaurant
- General Info:
- Sumptuous recipes for the American Kitchen from the Hunan Restaurant in San Francisco, which the New York Times has call "a clear favorite."
- Extra Phones:
Fax Number: (415) 956-5772
- *All Authentic Hunan Dishes with No MSG! *We Use Only Fresh Ingredients *Dine In / Carry Out *Bar & Banquet Facilities (For Up To 500 @ The Sansome Location Only) *Henry's Hunan Restaurant Has 4 Locations to Serve You: 924 Sansome St (Off Broadway) San Francisco, CA 94111 415.956.7727 Mon-Sun 11:30AM to 9:30PM (Open Daily) 110 Natoma St San Francisco, CA 94105 415.546.4999 Mon-Sat 11:30AM to 9:00PM (Closed Sunday Only) 674 Sacramento St San Francisco, CA 94111 415.788.2234 Mon-Fri 9:00AM to 5:00PM (Closed Sat & Sun) 1016 Bryant St San Francisco, CA 94103 415.861.5808 Mon-Fri 11:30AM to 9:00PM (Closed Sat & Sun)
- Payment method:
- discover, master card, visa, amex, all major credit cards
- Northern Waterfront, Northeast San Francisco
- Asian Restaurants, Take Out Restaurants, Chinese Restaurants, Fast Food Restaurants, Caterers, Restaurants
- Other Information:
Bike Parking: No
Wheelchair Accessible: Wheelchair Accessible, Yes
Cuisines: Asian, Fast Food, Chinese, Pan Asian
Alcohol: Beer, Wine
Takes Reservations: Yes
Outdoor Seating: No
Price Range : Average
Henry's has always been one of my favorite restaurants. I like to go after 3pm to get less of the lunch crowd. I recommend the dumplings, Marty's Special (the smoked ham is delicious), stringbeans with meatsauce (simple dish, but the spicy garlic pork sauce makes it perfect), Henry's Special, Spicy and hot rock cod filets, and the Mongolian chicken. I can go on and on. Every dish is really good! I would ask for Ming, the head chef. You can guarantee a great meal if it is cooked by her. She has been working there for over 20 years!
Posted: 12/21/2011Provided by Citysearch -
Do not listen to anybody else, this place rocks. One thing, order the right stuff. You can go off and order the wrong thing, which might have led to a bad review here. stick to the good stuff, anything with ""Henry's Special"" is awesome. One I remember is #6 shredded pork, some guy in this list says all he can taste is soy, bull!! Order this as the nice cool dish when you feast on Hunan Pork, Henry's Special Seafood (number #30 or #36 I cannot remember) and some of the other great hot stuff. also hunan sweet and sour pork is great. Get the onion cakes, dumplings, and if you want soup the sizzling rice. You will not go wrong.
Posted: 7/6/2010Provided by Citysearch -
Craving some hot food, wife and I ate the whole jar of pepper flakes in oil with our meal. After watching sweat roll off me, our waiter sat down at our table and said, ""You eat food as hot as we do!"" I said, ""I sure do and love it."" He replied, ""That's why you have that little bald spot on the back of your head. The sweat pushes the hair out!"" We all had a good laugh, ample Tsingtao and great food. SF sure seems a long way from Wyoming.