Find any art related item you may need at this store. Not only is the place mesmerizing, I can track down just about any supplies I need because the staff at this store are nice enough to go out of their way to help your every need. Prices are at least competitive, and usually better than other art supply stores in San Francisco, but watch out because you can lose track of time (and your budget) here. Excellent customer service by the way because they also take care of you even afte...view morer the transaction.view lessShare Review
Flax Art & DesignAdd to mybook
- General Info:
The Flax family has enjoyed serving the creative community in the Bay Area through our San Francisco retail store since 1938 - for 74 years! We are well known for carrying an incredible breadth of product, providing you with courteous and knowledgeable assistance, and inspiring your creativity through the thoughtful presentation of merchandise. As one customer said, we are a "candy store for the creative."
~ Voted â€œBest of the Bayâ€ every year since 2001 ~
- Art Supplies, Paper, Albums & Journals, Stationery, Frames, Fine Pens, Kids' Stuff, Digital Printing, Custom Paper Cutting, Envelopments Custom Printing, Display Easel Rentals, Pina Zangaro Custom Albums, Custom Wax Seals and Embossers
- 3M, Albrecht Durer, Ampersand, Amsterdam, Bainbridge, Basics, Bienfang, Borden & Riley, Canson, Charbonnel, Chartpak, Copic, Cranes, Crayola, Crescent, Cross, Daler-Rowney, Decocolor, Dixie Pro, Dr. Martins, Elmers, Envelopements, Faber-Castell, Fabriano, Filofax, Framatic, Golden, Grumbacher, Isabey, Kolo, Krylon, Lamy, Letramax, Liquitex, Moab, Modge Podge, Moleskine, Montana, Neocolor, Pelikan, Pigma, Pina Zangaro, Pitt, Plaid, Princeton, Prismacolor, Raphael, Rembrandt, Sailor, Sakura, Sculpey, Sennelier, Sharpie, Speedball, Staedtler Mars, Stonehenge, Strathmore, Taccia, Tara, Van Gogh, Versatex, Winsor & Newton
- Payment method:
- all major credit cards, debit, cash, visa, mastercard, discover, amex
We are located at the intersection of Market St. and Valencia St., just off Gough St.
- Southeast San Francisco, South of Market
Free parking in two lots - Directions at http://flaxart.com/directions/
Public transportation: We are located at the intersection of Market St. and Valencia St., very near Muni's Metro Station at Market/Van Ness and BART.
NEW - Digital Printing of your fine art giclees, and canvas stretching.
- English, Spanish
Flax's Artists Materials
- Art Supplies, Arts & Crafts Supplies, Craft Supplies, Craft Dealers & Galleries, Scrapbooking, Stationery Stores, Gift Shops, Picture Frames
- Other Information:
Parking: Street, Valet
Bike Parking: Yes
Price Range : Average
Specialties: Sales, Photos & Portraits, Photographs, Canvas, Pictures
Flax is an icon of everything San Francisco. Quirky, funky and fun! They have the best selection of art supplies I've ever seen in one place and the staff is really informed on how to use everything they sell. You just can't find that kind of service anywhere else. The Paper selection is totally off-the-hook. I often do collage work and if I can't find what I'm looking for at Flax, then it simply isn't available in the Bay Area. This place is a must visit for creative people and even t...view morehe creatively challenged.view lessShare Review