Beach Blanket Babylon
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Steve Silver's BEACH BLANKET BABYLON is the longest running, hit musical revue in theatre history. The Show premiered at the Savoy Tivoli in San Francisco's North Beach, June, 1974. It is a zany musical spoof of pop culture with extravagant costumes and outrageously huge hats. The Show's immediate popularity forced it to move to larger quarters at Club Fugazi, a North Beach landmark, where it eventually found a permanent home. Now in its 29th year of sold-out performances, BEACH BLANKET BABYLON is an internationally acclaimed San Francisco institution. BEACH BLANKET BABYLON in addition to the more than 10,000 performances in San Francisco, has performed for wildly enthusiastic audiences during its London and Las Vegas engagements. BEACH BLANKET BABYLON continually evolves in its hilarious parodies of popular icons, updating its spoofs and adding new characters, songs, and send-ups throughout the year. The show's traveling version performs regularly for conventions and priv ate groups from Tampa Bay, Florida, to Kaanapali, Hawaii.
- Show Schedule: * Wednesday & Thursday 8:00pm * Friday & Saturday 7:00pm & 10:00pm * Sunday 3:00pm Matinee & 7:00pm
- Payment method:
- amex, cash, check, discover, visa, master card
- (North Beach)
- North Beach, Northeast San Francisco
- Night Clubs, Theatres, Halls, Auditoriums & Ballrooms
Show the play this weekend and loved it. I had not heard of the play before and loved reading about the history. The actors were wonderful and very energetic. I would go and see it again. I highly recommend it.
We were pleasantly surprised at how fun this theatre show turned out. We are not theater people yet friends recommend it so much we gave it a try. They weave it a lot of current events into a humorous fun show. The theater feels cozy with spectacular costumes. I was impressed !