B & W Service CenterAdd to mybook
Regular HoursSat - SunClosed
- General Info:
- B&W Service Center is a trustworthy, neighborly and professional San Francisco auto repair, maintenance and service center. We are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality car repair and maintenance services at the lowest possible costs and getting them back on the road in less than one day. We service Honda, Acura, Nissan, VW, Toyota, Mazda, Isuzu, Saab, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Jeep, Saturn, Infiniti, Audi, BMW, MINI, Subaru, Volvo, Land Rover and Dodge.
- Alternators & Starters, Batteries, Brake Repair, Collision Repair, Computer Diagnostic and Repair, Cooling System Repair, Diesel Specialist, Drivetrain Service & Repair, Electrical System Repair, Emissions System Repair, Engine Performance, Fuel Injection Diagnosis and Repair, Muffler & Exhaust Repair, Oil Change, Radiator Repair, Scheduled Factory Maintenance, Steering and Suspension, Timing Belt Service, Transmission & Clutch Repair, Tune-up, Used Car Evaluations, Wheel Alignment.
- Acura, Audi, BMW, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GM, Honda, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jeep, Land Rover, MINI, Mazda, Nissan, Saab, Saturn, Subaru, Toyota, VW, Volvo
- Payment method:
- all major credit cards, debit
- We are located on 26th St. between Folsom and South Van Ness, nearby the 101 and 280 Freeways and 24th/Mission Bart Station.
- Mission, Central East San Francisco
- Clutches, Auto Transmission, Automobile Air Conditioning Equipment-Service & Repair, Tire Dealers, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Brake Repair, Auto Repair & Service
I've had some minor brake work done there before. They didn't do a great job but I thought it was possibly a fluke because they subsequently fixed the problem. Fast forward to today. In their weekly ad they list an oil change for $19.95. It lists oil types available, one of which is 20W-50 weight. I asked for this type of oil and was told that it would cost me an extra $10. I said ""not according to your... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
I spent 40% more than I would have at my regular mechanic to get a complete brake job. The job got done quickly and presumably well. But the brakes were out of adjustment (dragging while driving), requiring another day in the shop. Now they are out of adjustment in the opposite direction (parking brake doesn't keep the car from rolling). For $1150 I expect a job done right the first time.Was this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
I love this place because it is the first auto repair place in my life that I feel comfortable going to as a woman without a male companion to ""talk car"" with the people working there. I've been taking my car there for over ten years, and I have never been anything but happy. It's close to BART if you need to leave your car and get back to work. Or, better yet, if you've got the time..... shop and eat your way ... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
DO NOT TRUST B&W...They misguide you so they can rip you off!!!\r \r I have a honda accord 1998 LX which needed a 150K maintenance service ($289). The 'check engine' light was also on so i had them do a diagnostic ($108). I was hoping to find them honest after reading the above reviews, but was sadly disappointed when they called me with the ""problems"" my car had.\r \r problems:\r 1. Front brake rotors (?) ... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
I have gone to this brother team for over 8 years. I have never had a problem with them. Several years back, my car was stolen and being parted out. It was recovered and I did some of the repairs myself and then took it to them for an inspection. I also asked them if they would replace a few things on it. They told me it was not necessary to spend the $$ on those repairs. In fact, they steered me away from anot... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
I had transmission work done and they quoted me $1,700 to $2,400 then when I got my truck back they charged me $3,000 with no explanation. I could have bought a brand new tranny for that! I also had work done to another car and they did not fix the problem, and they fix stuff that did not need to be fixedWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
These guys are busy (like most places in SF) but they will tell you the truth. I brought my car into Wheel Works on Ocean and they said I needed a rack-in-pinon....guess what - after a 2nd opinion at B&W I really didn't need that $600-800 job Rack-in-Pinon, just had some bolts loose. They are really fast if you get there early too!Was this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
B & W is awesome! I had a honda civic hatchback that they worked on for about three years before I sold it. They did MAJOR repairs for very reasonable prices, were totally sensitive to my fears and worries, were always truthful and respectful and consistently did nice things like a free check-ups on the big work. If I ever get another car, I will definitely go back here. As a woman (and my dad said the same thing... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse