Last Thursday evening, a man snatched my bag from under the table. Upon reporting it to the owner, he never apologized, he never showed compassion or sympathy, he never offered any type of compensation, and he never made any effort to help catch the thief. Believe it or not, the owner actually encouraged me to write this review to tell people they are not safe at his restaurant. What is ironic is that he saw the ... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
- Mon - Wed 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm, Thu 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm, Fri - Sat 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm, Sun 5:30 am - 9:00 pm
- General Info:
- Andalu, located in San Francisco, is a restaurant that was founded by Calvin Schneiter. Its menu includes ahi tartar tacos with chili and lime, mango salsa, curly polenta fries, spicy tomato vinaigrette, cambazola cheese fondue with Fuji apples and Asian pears, and watermelon salad with lime, mint and cilantro. The restaurant also serves corn on the cob with cayenne butter and lime-queso fresca, carpaccio of beef tenderloin with lemon aioli, mushroom and fennel salad, halibut paillard with cilantro, and duck confit and black mission fig salad with balsamic vinaigrette. Additionally, Andalu s menu includes grilled rainbow trout with melted leeks, grilled shrimp with romesco, salmon pasta with lemon, cream, scallions and cherry tomatoes, and roasted portobello with bone marrow, balsamic reduction and arugula-frisee salas.
- Extra Phones:
Fax: (415) 621-2323
- Payment method:
- discover, master card, visa, amex, cash
- Mission Dolores, Southwest San Francisco
- Tapas, French Restaurants, Bars, Breakfast, Brunch & Lunch Restaurants, Restaurants
I had heard many good things from friend about Andalu so I finally decided to give it a try. We had several of the tapas plates and they were all pretty strong, the fried macaroni and cheese tapas were a standout. The mojito I had wasn't mashed enough so their was to many be leaves of mint in there but otherwise it was really enjoyable. The waiter was very friendly and helpful in choosing tapas plates.Like this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
I love Andalu. I always take my friends from out of town here. It's all about the Gruyere fondue. Served with toast and apples and pears...and simply awesome.
The Ahi tacos are delicious, as is the pumpkin barley salad. The wine selection is nice, and they have lots of fancy mixed drinks to choose from. The ginger halibut was a bit too much by itself, but atop some of that toast...divine...
I really liked thei... view more
I've dined at Andalu for both dinner and for Sunday brunch a handful of times. The food is good but the dinner menu is limited and seems to be unchanged in the 2+ years I've been going there. The brunch menu is excellent but the brunch hostess flat out refused to let our waiter know we wanted to order coffee, then filled all of the water glasses at our table except mine. She was just too hip to lower herself to speak... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
We went here on a Thursday night around 9:30pm, which is half price Sangria night, FYI. Our waiter, Morty, chose some great options! We recommend the Fondue!!! The olives are mild but delicious. We also had the Sea Bass, Short Ribs and Sliders, all which were delicious, but the Sea Bass was our favorite. All the portions were great size and we were even too stuffed for dessert. I could see how it would be crowe... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
Picked this place for solo Saturday brunch based on the ""free doughnut holes"" enticement. The holes were excellent -- tasty and hot -- but two's all you get. If you want more than two, you pay. (Groan.) My ham/chorizo/egg scramble was delicious, and so were the polenta fries that came with it. Portion size was decent. Coffee was above average but it's all French Press, and you pay by the cup. Note to management: Br... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
We ate here for a birthday party... bad choice! The service obviously knew they were getting the ""18% gratuity for parties of 6 or more"". We waited for drinks, watching other tables get served second rounds and food before we were served water.\r
The food arrived cold, when expected hot, warm when expected cold... forget about complaining. No server to be seen! The bathroom was so poorly maintained, I seriously ha... view more
Our foursome thoroughly enjoyed each of the eight dishes we chose - veggie, meat and fish - and saw many others on the menu that sounded equally appetizing. We agreed we'd need a return trip! With cocktails, wine and dessert our bill for the four of us was $160. The space has character and appeal, the waitstaff was knowledgeable and friendly, and the service was excellent. We passed three comfortable hours there, ver... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
I recently had dinner with a girlfriend of mine there. The place was super accommodating. We were able to make last minute reservations on a Friday night!! We called to say we were running late and they said they would still seat us. When we arrived, the servers were very friendly and brought us our food in a really timely manner. The fondue was amazing, the short ribs were delicious, and the banana lumpia ice c... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch