Anchor Brewers & Distillers
- General Info:
- Public tours of the Anchor Brewery are available each weekday, free of charge, by reservation only. The walking tour of the brewery lasts about 40-45 minutes. Your tour guide will give you a brief history of Anchor Brewing and walk you through three floors of our facility. Children are welcome to come on the tour, but of course may not taste the beer during our tasting session that follows the walking tour. You may have up to ten in your party, depending on the availability of space. Altogether, the tour and the tasting last for about 2 hours, and tastings are only available to those who take the tour.
- Extra Phones:
Fax: (415) 552-7094
- Payment method:
- amex, master card, visa, all major credit cards
- Southeast San Francisco, Potrero Hill
- Guided tours available Sunday through Saturday by reservation
Anchor Brewing Co
Anchor Brewers & Distillers LLC
Anchor Distilling Co
Anchor Brewing Company
Anchor Brewery - Day Tours
- Beverages, Beer & Ale, Distillers
Posted: 7/16/2007Provided by Citysearch -
Nice, tight little tour of the brewery operation, followed by an long tasting session of current beers. As noted before, these ain't little mini-samples, you get a healthy portion of each to savor. When we called for reservations, the brewery was running a 10am as well as an afternoon tour - and our 10am was full up, so make reservations early (no walk ins!). Well worth the pilgrimage from downtown, added bonus for the morning tour, you finish up your tour and tastings in time for lunch, and just a couple of blocks over is Goat Hill Pizza. When we went, Goat Hill had Speakeasy ale on tap, so it's a natural for the beer tour of the Bay!
The tour makes me appreciate the Anchor products I see on the shelves back home.
Posted: 5/17/2002Provided by Citysearch -
Got the afternoon free? Call ahead and schedule a tour. The process is interesting, but the best part is a lengthy tasting session at the end of the tour. Try all the varieties -- and this isn't dainty, tiny-pour wine tasting. You oughta plan on a designated driver. You're guaranteed to come away as an Anchor Brewing devotee.