Book a Table
- General Info:
- A16 is a restaurant and wine bar bringing the delicious and hospitable traditions of lively Campania to San Francisco. The chic, rustic/modernist venue is named after the motorway that transverses the South of Italy. The restaurant features wood oven-fired Neapolitan Pizza and other specialties of Campania such as Maccaronara with ragu napoletana and house-made ricotta salata. The wine bar serves 40 wines by the glass and half bottle carafe. The list is 60 percent Italian, mostly from the South, and the other 40 percent is New World, celebrating premiere Italian varietals grown in California along with many California wines.
- Payment method:
- amex, visa, mastercard
- Northwest San Francisco, Marina District
- Italian Restaurants, Pizza, Mediterranean Restaurants, Bars, Bar & Grills, Breakfast, Brunch & Lunch Restaurants, Restaurants
- Other Information:
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Italian, European, Continental, Pizza, Omelets
Posted: 3/4/2011Provided by Citysearch -
A16 has so many reviews, I really don't have much to add about the food. It's my favorite restaurant in San Francisco, and I make sure to get there at least monthly. I'll just mention that in my opinion, the absolute best place to sit is at the Chef's Counter. You get to see how every single dish is made, immerse yourself in the clamor of the kitchen and even chat up the chefs. It's always a great time sitting there, and best of all, these are the seats that are available without reservations!
Posted: 12/21/2010Provided by Citysearch -
I don't. I won't be going back and I'd be insulted if anyone invited me to the place in future. I heard it had promise when it opened, but all I see is just another noisy meat market. The aging drunks at the bar (and outside) were not the kind of people a self-respecting person would want to share an evening with.
Posted: 9/3/2009Provided by Citysearch -
We ate here once and probably won't come back. We shared a tuna reserva and a salad and both lacked seasoning and imagination. Eating numerous time at Pizzaiolo in Oakland and then trying this place was like night night and day. The pizza was ho-hum and having to endure loud marina doosh bags was about as much as we could handle. The service was efficient but chilly and we were treated with watching the pizza cook slurp soda in front of us the entire time out of a deli cup then proceed to make our food. Strike one, two three yer gone.
Posted: 4/5/2009Provided by Citysearch -
Took a while to get reservations. After eating there, no wonder! Arrived early and sat at the bar. We are really picky on our wines and the bartender had great suggestions which we ended up with for dinner. Staff was excellent, friendly, very helpful. We had the Tuna Conserva Panzanella for starters (WOW), the Salsiccia Pizza, the Pasta Special with spring peas inside (very light)and a Chocolate Budino Tart recommended by our waitress (very light). Served as 3 courses shared by the two of us. Everything was amazing! When we got the bill, we could not believe how inexpensive for such great wine and food. Would definitely go back ...
Posted: 3/24/2009Provided by Citysearch -
We went on a Saturday night without a reservation. We had to wait 45 min for a table. We grabed a glass of wine, and waited patiently. It was all worth it. The pasta with mint and walnuts was so delicious. I could easily have that dish every day.
Posted: 1/7/2009Provided by Citysearch -
We've gone to A16 nearly every Friday night for the last year because it's always a perfect dining experience. The food is excellent, the staff couldn't be better and the wine list is divine. It's the perfect way to unwind and start the weekend. Our favorites include the mozzarella burrata, the funghi and margherita pizzas, the maccaronara pasta and the chocolate budino tart for dessert - all delicious!
This restaurant has a great vibe and we love it!