We have visited the Wild Animal Park in the past but decided to go to the San Diego zoo today. Everything was fantastic! The only letdown was that we were unable to feed the giraffes as they did not mention the feeding time schedule. If you go, purchase the two day pass that allows you access to the Wild Animal Park, unlimited bus rides and unlimited rides on the Skyfari.Like this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
San Diego ZooAdd to mybook
Summer Hours (2015/05/23 - 2015/05/25)Mon8:00 am - 6:00 pmSat - Sun8:00 am - 6:00 pm
- General Info:
- The San Diego Zoo is located in Balboa Park and has over 3,700 animals of more than 650 species. It is privately operated by the nonprofit Zoological Society of San Diego. Open every day of the year, including all holidays. Tickets: One Day Pass $48 Adult (12 and up), $38 Child (3-11), One Day Pass Plus includes one visit to San Diego Zoo and choice of one 4-D Theater Show $53 Adult (12 and up), $ 43 Child (3-11), Multi-Day/Multi-Park Tickets are available. Members enjoy a full year of FREE unlimited Admission to both Sand Diego Zoo and Safari Park.
- Extra Phones:
Phone: (619) 231-1515
Event Planning: (619) 685-3259
- Animals by Zone: Africa Rocks, Asian Passage, Australian Outback, Discovery Outpost, Elephant Odyssey, Lost Forest, Northern Frontier, Outback, Panda Canyon, Urban Jungle. San Diego Zoo has Paid Tours: Early Morning Panda Tours and Breakfast with Koalas, Discovery Cart Tour, Sunrise Surprise Strolls, Inside Look Tours, Guided Bus Tour and 4-D Theaters. Zoo Education with Summer Camps, Adventures in Art Camp, Little Artists Camp, Summer Cub Camp, KinderNights, KinderTots, Wildlife Sleepovers, Photo Workshop and Teen Programs.
- Payment method:
- amex, discover, visa, mastercard, cash, debit
- Parking is free. Food/Dining Places: A Restaurant in a Treehouse, Poppy's Patio, Sabertooth Grill, Zoo Brew, Treetops Cafe, San Diego Zoo Sandwich Co. and more. Gift Shops and General Store sell snacks, sundries, themed gifts and souvenirs. Giftshop Ituri Forest Outpost has fun and unusual items with an African theme, Sydney's Shoppe sells exclusive koala and friends-themed gifts and souvenirs. The San Diego Zoo provides special parking, restrooms for guests with disabilities. Strollers, lockers, bag-check, wheelchairs, and motorized wheelchairs are available for rent. Catering, Special Events and Wedding Services Available.
- San Diego Zoo Global WildLife Conservancy.
- Zoos, Amusement Places & Arcades, Tourist Information & Attractions, Botanical Gardens
WOW!! I've only been here once or twice because it's so expensive but the price is totally worth it and you can tell the difference when compared to other zoos.\r \r I'm originally from St. Louis where we have a free zoo so I was surprised when I moved to San Diego that the zoo was so pricey, but the difference is profound. The animals are so healthy and active whereas in St. Louis they hide most of the time or are... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
I went to this zoo in the summer and it was so hot but fun. There were more summery animals there. The flamigo area smelled pretty bad. The snake room kinda scared me since the glass was so clear. But this is a perfect plce to take your kids.Like this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
San Diego zoo is a really nice zoo, but I grew up my whole life believing this was going to be a holy grail of zoo experiences. I really loved that there's no smoking anywhere in the zoo and the layout and landscaping are wonderful, but I think the reason for this zoo's over-inflated reputation is down to the fact that it's one of the best zoos in the USA and there's LOTS of Americans to sing its praises, most of ... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
The San Diego Zoo has the most amazing selection of animals, rare plants, and activities of any zoo I have been to. Not only do they have a world renowned preservation and recovery for their animals but they also have an incredible reputation for rehabilitating abused animals. I love this zoo.Like this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
San Diego Zoo is the worlds greatest zoo if you love Animals and want to see them in a habitat outside their natural environment. They have established great enclosures to ensure the animals have a home enivornment. A great place to visit at least once a month.Like this review?Yes|Flag Abuse