Regular HoursSat - SunClosed
- General Info:
- Miramar Automotive has been in business in the same location under the same ownership since 1978. We provide full service for American & Japanese vehicles. Our technicians are trained to repair your vehicle right the first time. We believe that our employees are what makes Miramar Automotive a success. All of our automotive technicians and management staff are committed to delivering only the highest level of automotive repairs, and place heavy emphasis on customer service. At Miramar Automotive the customer comes first, and our objective is to complete each job effectively and efficiently. Almost all repairs and maintenance are guaranteed same day service.
- Extra Phones:
Phone: (858) 523-8957
- acura, audi, bmw, buick, cadillac, chevrolet, chrysler, dodge, falken, ford, general, gmc, goodyear, honda, hyundai, kia, lexus, lincoln, mazda, mercury, subaru, toyota
- Payment method:
- amex, check, discover, master card, visa, all major credit cards
- Miramar, Northeastern San Diego
Miramar Automotive Inc
- Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Brake Repair, Auto Transmission, Automobile Accessories, Tire Dealers, Truck Service & Repair, Radiators Automotive Sales & Service, Automobile Electric Service, Engine Rebuilding & Exchange, Auto Springs & Suspension, Windshield Repair, Tire Recap, Retread & Repair, Wheels-Aligning & Balancing, Auto Oil & Lube, Auto Engine Rebuilding, Mufflers & Exhaust Systems, Wheel Alignment-Frame & Axle Servicing-Automotive, Alternators & Generators-Automotive Repairing, Fuel Injection Repair, Automobile Air Conditioning Equipment-Service & Repair, Automobile Diagnostic Service, Automotive Tune Up Service, Steering Systems & Equipment, Auto Engines Installation & Exchange, Emissions Inspection Stations, Automobile Air Conditioning Equipment, Automobile Body Repairing & Painting, Clutches, Wheels
- Other Information:
Posted: 1/30/2010Provided by Citysearch -
I have been a customer of Miramar Auto for over 13 yrs; 2 cars needing 5-6 major repairs (Timing belt, major wheel/axle repair, etc) and 2-3 minimal repairs (oil change, replace brake pads, etc). I have never felt ripped off by them until twice in the the past 6 months. Previously I felt I was getting a good repair at a good price w/ them. Now I KNOW I am making somebody's vette or boat payment each time I go there. W/in the past 6-mos I have taken the car there twice. On each occasion, I have been overcharged and treated by staff there as if I am stupid and cannot tell I am now being ripped off. When I pointed out that the cost of my last two repairs-a front axle rebuild and a clutch repair-together added up to about the current value of my vehicle, the owner laughed and said ""Yeah, you're probably right."" 6-mos ago I brought in the car for preventative maint and told the owner I did not want to spend an arm/leg on repairs. He winked and said, ""We'll work something out."" This later translated to a 2% discount on repairs (on a bill over $1000). Big Whoop!! Most currently I was offered a 5% discount on a $1000 repair bill; a $50 discount. When I asked if there were other discounts avail, the owner could only find an addditional 2% discount- a coupon deal for new custs, then griped because I didn't bring in a physical coupon. I say there are plenty of other AAA rated shops in mira mesa, possibly with less expensive boat or mortage pmts and want ur biz. This plc just wants $$$
Posted: 5/1/2009Provided by Citysearch -
I have never been treated so good. I really dig it when people don't try capitalize on my not understanding something. I don't understand car repair. Rich took a lot of time helping me understand why my car needed the repair. I got it. And... my car drives like new again.
Posted: 12/31/2008Provided by Citysearch -
We have had a lot of problems with out Expedition. At one point, they performed over 5 hours of labor to try and find an electrical problem. My wife and I were waiting for a huge bill, but they said don't worry about it and that it was a good learning experience for them and that they would not charge us for the labor. Have always had great service and would recommend them to the Pope.
Posted: 12/24/2008Provided by Citysearch -
I chose Miramar Automotive because of all the reviews I read. I was very pleased to see that this car repair shop was everything I hoped for. I thought my car was dead. They brought it back to life. Very honest shop. Very good prices. Will recommend and use them again.
Posted: 10/11/2008Provided by Citysearch -
I wasn't sure what to do when my car started making a load rubbing noise. I decided to give Miramar Automotive a try after reading their reviews online. I began to relax when I entered the office. They were so kind and helpful. They explained what happen to my car so I could understand it. The price for the repair was reasonable and I got a great warranty. I plan to come back here next time I need something.
Posted: 7/22/2008Provided by Citysearch -
I had my 30K service done here. It was just under 1/2 the price of the dealer. But here is why I'm really happy. Ever since it was new, I have been complaining to the dealer about a clunk noise in the rear. They were never able to fix it. When dropping off my car, the owner Rich asked if there was anything wrong with the car that they should know about. So I told them about the clunk. Not only did they find the problem quickly, it costed all of $35 to fix it. I've started using Miramar Auto for my normal oil changes and service. Great shop!
Posted: 4/30/2008Provided by Citysearch -
I started going to this auto repair shop about 3 years ago. It's owned by a family which is really cool. Jeremy starts the day and his dad Rich closes the doors. They have done all my tune ups and oil changes. Never had a problem and the prices seem good. I like it that they don't try to over sell me on things I don't need.
Posted: 3/8/2008Provided by Citysearch -
I have been going to Miramar Automotive for 3 years now. Just had them do my brakes for the first time. Wow what a difference! They grab really good. I can't tell you what that means to me. My brakes have always been just OK since it was new. I really am happy using this shop.