I love this museum and highly recommend you check it out. It is located next to the Star of India right downtown on the water.\r - go aboard the pirate ship HMS Surprise, a 179-foot full rigged replica of a 24 gun frigate of Great Britain's Nelson era Royal Navy. \r - half-hour excursion on San Diego Bay aboard the museum's historic 1914 Harbor Pilot Boat\r - Special NOAA and Smithsonian traveling exhibit ""From ... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
Maritime Museum of San DiegoAdd to mybook
Summer HoursMon - Sun9:00 am - 9:00 pm
- General Info:
- The Maritime Museum of San Diego restores, maintains and operates a range of historic vessels. The facility features a collection of historic ships, such as the Star of India and H.M.S. Surprise. It provides space for Corporate Events, Weddings, special functions and other social gatherings. The Maritime Museum of San Diego has been in operation since 1948. The facility organizes exhibitions that include Age of Sail, Age of Steam, San Diego's Navy and Charting the Sea-Ocean Exploration. With more than 2,000 members, it has an annual attendance of over 170,000. The Maritime Museum of San Diego operates various education programs in history and science.
- Extra Phones:
Group Reservations: (619) 234-9154
- Tours, Corporate Events, Weddings, and Receptions, Conferences, Sailing Charters, Education Programs, Exhibits, Group Tours, Festival of Sail, School Group, Youth Groups, Community Groups, Reunions and Conventioneers, Guided Tours, Birthday Parties, Scouts
- Payment method:
- amex, master card, visa, all major credit cards
- Located on Harbor Drive near the corner of Ash Street just a few blocks west of Interstate 5.
- Harborview, Central San Diego
- Gift Shop, The Ships
Maritime Museum Assn San Diego
- Historical Places, Meeting & Event Planning Services, Educational Services, Places Of Interest, Museums, Tourist Information & Attractions