We enjoyed touring several ships at the Maritime Museum, including The Star of India and some used in movies. Some of the exhibits were closed for renovations, but there were enough open for tours that we definitel got our money's worth.
Maritime Museum of San Diego
Summer Hours (2016/06/01 - 2016/10/31)Mon - Sun9:00 am - 9:00 pm
- General Info:
- Welcome aboard our floating compilation of adventure and history! Admission to the "Maritime Museum of San Diego" grants you access to one of the world's finest collections of historic sea vessels. Once on board our museum ships, you will find that we offer something for people of all ages. You not only get to explore our ships and submarines, the museum displays permanent and temporary exhibits on art, maritime history, commerce and exploration. We also offer guided tours and host family friendly events regularly. Historic bay cruises run daily and can be added on to the price of admission for an extra nominal fee. There is no better way to spend the day than on the bay!
- Extra Phones:
Group Reservations: (619) 234-9154
- Tours, Corporate Events, Weddings, and Receptions, Conferences, Sailing Charters, Education Programs, Exhibits, Group Tours, Festival of Sail, School Group, Youth Groups, Community Groups, Reunions and Conventioneers, Guided Tours, Birthday Parties, Scouts
- Payment method:
- all major credit cards, amex, master card, visa
- Located on Harbor Drive near the corner of Ash Street just a few blocks west of Interstate 5.
- Harborview, Central San Diego
- Gift Shop, The Ships
Maritime Museum Association Of San Diego
- Historical Places, Meeting & Event Planning Services, Educational Services, Places Of Interest, Museums, Tourist Information & Attractions
- Other Information:
10/11/2007Provided by Citysearch -
I love this museum and highly recommend you check it out. It is located next to the Star of India right downtown on the water.
- go aboard the pirate ship HMS Surprise, a 179-foot full rigged replica of a 24 gun frigate of Great Britain's Nelson era Royal Navy.
- half-hour excursion on San Diego Bay aboard the museum's historic 1914 Harbor Pilot Boat
- Special NOAA and Smithsonian traveling exhibit ""From Sea to Shining Sea"" through Oct '07
THE FESTIVAL OF SAIL: It's one year away, but the tall ships will be returning to San Diego August 20 - 24, 2008. This may be a good time to become a member and sign-up to help them with this wonderful event.