Filippi's Pizza GrottoAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- Filippi's Pizza Grotto has served traditional family recipes in the area for more than 50 years. Throughout our years of service, we use only the finest and freshest ingredients to capture the authentic Italian flavor that customers crave for in Italian dishes. Enjoy a sumptuous and satisfying Italian meal at our fine restaurant today. Enjoy a delicious dining experience at an authentic Italian restaurant today! Filippi's Pizza Grotto is a family-owned and operated Italian restaurant offering a variety of Italian food to customers in San Diego and the surrounding areas. Our menu consists of scrumptious dishes that customers will surely love.
- Business History
- Vincent DePhilippis and Madeleine Stefani came to America in 1922, Vincent from Italy and Madeleine from France. They met in New York and married in 1925 and settled in Philadelphia. In 1950 they moved to San Diego where they opened a deli grocery on India Street, which was called Filippi's Cash and Carry. This was the beginning of what was to become a successful line of family restaurants. Today Filippi's Pizza Grottos are owned and operated by family members of the original founders.
- Extra Phones:
Pacific Beach Location: (858) 304-0986
Little Italy Location: (619) 215-1481
- We serve soups, salads, sandwiches, pastas, pizza, desserts and much more.
- Mira Mesa Location: 9969 Mira Mesa Blvd. San Diego, CA | Pacific Beach Location: Garnet Ave. San Diego, CA | Little Italy Location: 1747 India St. San Diego, CA
- Monarch at Scripps Ranch, Scripps Ranch, Northeastern San Diego
- Authentic Italian Flavor Multiple Locations
- Restaurants, Pizza, Pasta, Italian Restaurants
- Other Information:
Parking: Lot, Private
The best pizza I have ever had!!!!!! My husband and I were hungry and This pizza place was open across the street from the hotel we were staying at. So we said what the heck and we were in 7th heaven!!! If you love pizza you have to try it!!!!!!!!!!!!Like this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
This is my favorite pizza place anywhere! I used to think Round Table Pizza was the bomb, but this place is so much better.
The pizza is absolutely covered with cheese, I mean a lot of cheese. The crust is perfect and when you add the toppings, you can't go wrong.
I would give this place 5 stars, but it is really dated. The place is loud but still a great time. I usually prefer to eat in, si... view more
From the pizza, spaghetti, lasagna...to the amazing prime rib......it doesn't get better than this. This is a family place, bring the kids , and have a blast!!! Be sure the kids get dough balls to play with and try the mozzarella cheese sticks or potato skins as an apatizer!! For the big man in the family, try the Filippi's cut prime rib. He'll be out of his mind happy!!! And there is a full bar and a big tv so... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch