Filippi's Pizza Grotto
- Social Links:
- Visit Facebook Page
- Business History
- Vincent DePhilippis and Madeleine Stefani came to America in 1922, Vincent from Italy and Madeleine from France. They met in New York and married in 1925 and settled in Philadelphia. In 1950 they moved to San Diego where they opened a deli grocery on India Street, which was called Filippi's Cash and Carry. This was the beginning of what was to become a successful line of family restaurants. Today Filippi's Pizza Grottos are owned and operated by family members of the original founders.
- We serve soups, salads, sandwiches, pastas, pizza, desserts and much more.
- Payment method:
- debit, all major credit cards
- Monarch at Scripps Ranch, Scripps Ranch, Northeastern San Diego
- Authentic Italian Flavor and Multiple Locations
- Pizza, Pasta, Italian Restaurants, Restaurants
- Other Information:
Parking: Lot, Private
Bike Parking: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Alcohol: Full Bar
Takes Reservations: Yes
Outdoor Seating: No
Price Range : Average
Good For Family: Yes
Good For Groups: Yes
Good for Kids: Yes
Take Out: Yes, Yes
Excellent Pizza! This is my favorite...
Fantastic Pizza! This is my beloved pizza place anyplace! I used to believe Round Table Pizza was the bomb, but this location is so much better.
The pizza is definitely coated with cheese, I mean a lot of cheeses. The crusting is perfect and when you put the toppings, you can't go incorrect. it is actually dated. The place is high in volume but still a excellent time. I usually choose to eat in, since the pizza always preferences the best perfect out of the oven.
Filippi's pizza is the best around!! Not only is the pizza great the other dishes are as well. I love their antipasto salad.
This is my favorite pizza place anywhere! I used to think Round Table Pizza was the bomb, but this place is so much better.
The pizza is absolutely covered with cheese, I mean a lot of cheese. The crust is perfect and when you add the toppings, you can't go wrong.
I would give this place 5 stars, but it is really dated. The place is loud but still a great time. I usually prefer to eat in, since the pizza always tastes the best right out of the oven.
03/02/2011Provided by Citysearch -
From the pizza, spaghetti, lasagna...to the amazing prime rib......it doesn't get better than this. This is a family place, bring the kids , and have a blast!!! Be sure the kids get dough balls to play with and try the mozzarella cheese sticks or potato skins as an apatizer!! For the big man in the family, try the Filippi's cut prime rib. He'll be out of his mind happy!!! And there is a full bar and a big tv so enjoy the game or eat on the other side of the restaurant for a more romantic feel!