Filippi's Pizza GrottoAdd to mybook
- Social Links:
- Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Filippi's Pizza Grotto has served traditional family recipes in the area for more than 50 years. Throughout our years of service, we use only the finest and freshest ingredients to capture the authentic Italian flavor that customers crave for in Italian dishes. Enjoy a sumptuous and satisfying Italian meal at our fine restaurant today. Enjoy a delicious dining experience at an authentic Italian restaurant today! Filippi's Pizza Grotto is a family-owned and operated Italian restaurant offering a variety of Italian food to customers in San Diego and the surrounding areas. Our menu consists of scrumptious dishes that customers will surely love.
- Business History
- Vincent DePhilippis and Madeleine Stefani came to America in 1922, Vincent from Italy and Madeleine from France. They met in New York and married in 1925 and settled in Philadelphia. In 1950 they moved to San Diego where they opened a deli grocery on India Street, which was called Filippi's Cash and Carry. This was the beginning of what was to become a successful line of family restaurants. Today Filippi's Pizza Grottos are owned and operated by family members of the original founders.
- We serve soups, salads, sandwiches, pastas, pizza, desserts and much more.
- Payment method:
- discover, master card, all major credit cards, debit
- Mira Mesa Location: 9969 Mira Mesa Blvd. San Diego, CA | Pacific Beach Location: Garnet Ave. San Diego, CA | Little Italy Location: 1747 India St. San Diego, CA
- Little Italy, Central San Diego
- Authentic Italian Flavor Multiple Locations
- Restaurants, Pizza, Pasta, Italian Restaurants
- Other Information:
The food is awesome for the price. It is very secluded. gives a very italian feel. The service was absolutely horrible. The people are very rude. The older lady (with salt & pepper hair in a ponytail) that took my payment threw my receipt at me and another coworker had to apologize for her senseless rudeness. The waiter was very short and when he came around to ""check on us"" he was very quick and walked away before... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
Not the best, not the worst.... i personally prefer Italian Style pizza, thin crust, not a lot of sauce... Fillipis is actually pretty good. Gave it 3 starts because there seems to ALWAYS be a line out the door. LIke the Chianti bottle decor... good for families.Like this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
Walking ""Little Italy"", and boy is it little, we stumbled onto Fillippi's and was drawn in by the charm. A deli/grocer upfront and a restaurant in the rear. We had no problem with a wait on a Friday at noon. Loved the fresh ""small""(enough to feed four) side salad with homemade Italian dressing and lotsa vinegar peppers. A larger salad with meats is also available if you have a crowd dining with you. We ordered th... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
This is the place I take or send all out of town friends and clients that want Great Authentic Italian Pizza. Order the Works Pizza and have it cooked well done. It comes out with crunchy crisp crust and the best toppings and pizza sauce you have ever eaten! Make sure you get a Antipasti to share with your table. Still hungry..no problem order a meatball its the size of a softball and really tasty! Many locations but... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
I love pizza and my all time favorite pizza place is Fillipi's.. They pile tons of cheese on, are very generous with the portions and even their lasagna and spaghetti is good but their pizza is awesome. It is a friendly place with a great atmosphere, good service and I highly recommend this restaurant for those who want a great pizza..Like this review?Yes|Flag Abuse