It was a horrible experience. I felt like I was being held hostage. They picked us up at the airport and drove us to their location off site, then demanded an additional $250 deposit on a car I had already prepaid for. I was there with no way of going anywhere else, so I had to pay the deposit. I had prepaid so there wouldn't be any out of pocket expenses when we arrived. The guy had us trapped there and knew th... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
Dollar Rent A CarAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- Dollar Rent A Car has suburban and on-airport locations in all major cities throughout the United States. The name Dollar Rent A Car has become synonymous with value and Convenience.
- All of our locations carry a wide variety of vehicle sizes, ranging from Economy to Full-size SUV, including Convertibles, Luxury Vehicles and Mini-Vans. We have a selection of makes and models and carry major brands such as Chrysler, Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, Hyundai, Jeep and Lincoln.
- Aveo, Caravan, Charger, Cherokee, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Crown, Dodge, Escape, Expedition, Focus, Ford, Fusion, Hyundai, Jeep, Lincoln, Mustang, Sonata, Suburban, Tahoe, Wrangler, international
- Payment method:
- visa, amex, discover, mastercard
- Midway District, Western San Diego
- English, Spanish
- Car Rental, Truck Rental, Van Rental & Leasing, Automobile Leasing
The service was decent. They helped me with getting a better deal for my situation, except for one major thing they "forgot to mention". I was entirely uninformed that there is a $495 service charged that is combined with your car rental payment into one large lump sum. I was entirely caught off gaurd when I checked my account to see that they had charged me an extra $500 that I didn't have, without any not... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
Had a miserable time, if waiting in line for 2 hours while traveling or worse in my case on vacation, then this is the place for you. I got a discount for booking my car along with my flights but would've paid double not to have to wait in line while the dips at the desk made small talk with everyone coming through. When you're number 34 in line the last thing you want to hear is someone getting advise on where to ... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse