94th Aero Squadron
Book a Table
- BBB Rating:
- Social Links:
- Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- For over 30 years, one of San Diego's landmark dining destinations and one of the most unique and memorable restaurants you will ever find. Located inside a replica of a World War I French farmhouse decorated with fascinating military memorabilia, antiques, and aviation relics, the restaurant overlooks Montgomery Field Airport, and has a cozy and romantic ambiance, with large stone fireplaces intimate booths, and beautiful views. The extensive menu features mid-western aged beef and the freshest seafood. Here you will find USDA Choice & Prime Beef steaks, slow-roasted Angus prime rib, succulent lobster tail, fresh fish, rack of lamb, veal, chicken, pasta dishes, and fabulous desserts. Their famous Champagne Brunch is currently the #1 Sunday Brunch in the city on AOL's CityGuide poll and is not to be missed. Beautiful outdoor patios, a very popular Happy Hour, and excellent banquet facilities help make the 94th Aero Squadron one of the great dining experiences in all of San Diego.
- Banquet Rooms Restaurants
- Payment method:
- mastercard, discover
- Monday - Friday Lunch 11am - 4pm Sunday - Thursday Dinner 4pm - 9:30pm Bar till 10:30 Friday - Saturday Dinner 4pm - 10:30pm Bar till 11:30
- Kearny Mesa, Eastern San Diego
- American Restaurants, Restaurants, Banquet Halls & Reception Facilities, Cocktail Lounges, Wedding Reception Locations & Services, Steak Houses, Restaurant Menus, Party Planning, Wedding Supplies & Services
- Other Information:
Parking: Lot, Private
Bike Parking: No
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Cuisines: Mediterranean, American, French, Italian, Steakhouse, European, Seafood, Continental
Alcohol: Full Bar
Takes Reservations: Yes
Outdoor Seating: Yes
Price Range : Average
08/31/2011Provided by Citysearch -
I made my first visit to this restaurant near my work for lunch with a friend. We arrived at 11am when they opened. The hostess was not friendly. She quickly glanced up from her counter and said ""OK"" as if she were saying ""Whatever.""
However, the food (buffet) was excellent and our waiter was very friendly.
The restaurant is very dark and cluttered. It was a warm day and it was warmer inside the restaurant. They had a fire in the fireplace and there is an open heating station for food that kept the seating area hot. One of my forks was bent out of shape.
I would go back for the food, but I would not expect to feel welcomed.
The 94th Aero Squadron is a charming setting for a meal. Unfortunately, the food is something that a downed aviator from that squadron being held captive by the enemy might find on his plate. I asked for the shrimp and scallops served with linguini. The shrimp was okay; the scallops were soft and mushy and the linguini wasn't linguini. Instead of linguini, I was served thin spaghetti that had congealed into something resembling a large dumpling. The strands of pasta were stuck together in some kind of death-embrace. It was inedible, so after two or three bites I stopped trying to eat it. The service was agonizingly slow. It was forty or more minutes before orders were taken for our table of four. My suggestion is this: Go to the 94th Aero Squadron some day. Look around you; it's a neat place. Then go find a someplace else to eat.
09/26/2009Provided by Citysearch -
My family took my mom to 94th Aero Squadron here in San Diego for her 95th birthday and we were very disappointed. They sat us at the very end of the restaurant where it was so dark even after we spoke to the manager that we wanted to sit by the windows. We did not have to sit all together in one table but at least close together. We were there before they even opened so there were plenty of seats available. The manager was not accommodating at all. Service was not great either. We had to call a few of times for someone to refill our drinks. We chose that restaurant because we were celebrating a very special occasion but unfortunately, we were very disappointed. It was also the first time for some of my family members to try that restaurant but I can guarantee you, we will never go there again!