I adopted a dog from the local shelter who was heartworm positive. The staff was very knowledgeable and professional in the treatment of my dog, and to me, the mama. As for the review of please don't go here..., that dog was probably already messed up before getting services here.
VCA Oak Hills Animal Hospital
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page
- General Info:
- At VCA, your pet's health is our top priority and excellent service is our goal. We treat each pet knowing it is an extension of your family. Our dedicated staff of veterinarians, board certified specialists, and technicians strive each day to give your pet the very best in medical care. We understand how important it is to have a local veterinarian you can trust and who, most importantly, knows your pet almost as well as you. With nearly 600 hospitals in 42 States, we've built a network of trusted local animal health providers giving the finest care for the pets in your family. We invite you to get to know our caring staff! New VCA patients are eligible for a FREE First Exam - a risk-free opportunity to learn what makes VCA so different. We’re looking forward to meeting you and your pet and demonstrating our commitment to providing your pet the highest quality care!
- Our hospital offers a wide range of general and specialized medical treatments and services including: • Advanced Care Services • Allergy & Itchy Skin Relief • Diabetes Treatment (Canine & Feline) • Diagnostics • Diet & Nutrition • Disease Treatment • Flea & Tick Control • General Care • Heartworm Disease Treatment (Canine & Feline) • Internal medicine • Medications/Prescriptions • Parasite Control • Pet Wellness Exams • Physical Examinations • Preventive Care • Primary Care • Puppy & Kitten Wellness • Senior Pet Wellness • Spay & Neuter • Vaccines & Vaccinations • Weight Loss Programs Please call us today to review your pet’s medical and health issues and how we may be able to help!
- Payment method:
- visa, amex, discover, master card
- VCA operates nearly 600 animal hospitals in 42 States staffed with hundreds of experienced veterinarians.
- Oak Hills, Northwest Side
- • Caring for your pets the way we care for our own • Convenient, affordable, preventive nose-to-tail care (VCA CareClub) • Educational opportunities for pet owners • Free First Exam for all first time pet visits • Healthy Pet Magazine • Home Delivery of Pet Medications • VCA Big Pet Project • VCA Quality Care Program
- Veterinarians, Pet Services, Veterinary Clinics & Hospitals, Veterinary Information & Referral Services, Veterinarian Emergency Services, Pet Grooming
I had read a review that said these people were horrible & the owners pet came out scared to death. I figured I would try it anyway because there first visit was free. The vet tech DROPPED my dog on the way to the back. When I picked my dog up, he was so scared he wouldn't move. Once home, everytime we picked up the leash he cowered and ran and hid. What the hell did these people do to my dog?! Don't go here, don't learn the hard way like I did.
If you want to traumatize your pets, this is the place for you. The staff flash their fake smiles at you just to get money out of you. They show no concern about you or your pet. You can not get a quote from them until the service is preformed and your stuck with the bill. The doctors are overbooked and have no or little time with you and your pet. The doctors are very insistent that you buy pet food from them, telling you that if you want you pet to live longer... buy prescription food. Asking for a prescription for your pet heartworm meds or any meds to buy it online at a cheaper price can get you the cold shoulder. They say that they will match the price but what they don't tell you that you have to pay for the shipping per meds. Those online stores give you free shipping plus extra discounts. When the vet examine my baby he barely touch her, didn't check her ears or when I ask about the lump on ther back he just says it's nothing. Where the explanation? details? When it was time to draw labs and give the shots, they would take her in to the back out of your view and do it. I could hear her scream, she can back in with red fluid running down her neck when I ask the tech ...she says it will stop. What?? no cotton ball? tissue? Plus my baby was so traumatize that she messed on herself and the staff and doctor didn't bother to clean her up. Where is the caring? I do not recommend this place to anyone who cares about their pets for this place cares about nothing but money. I was so upset and hurt for my baby I cried. This place is inhumane and crimmal. Please Please DO NOT take your pets here.
This place has unfriendly, uncaring staff and vets. They are highly overpriced and will not give you a quote beforehand. They are always pushing for you to buy prescription food (very pricey). Getting a wriiten prescription for your pets meds can be complicated and time consuming. The vets are to busy. They take your pet out of the room the give them their shots and do lab. Pets come back shaking, scare and dirty. They never call you about the lab results but you will get reminders about you next visit. All this place care about is money.