The Spaghetti Warehouse
Book a Table
- BBB Rating:
- General Info:
- Spaghetti Warehouse offers dishes that combine old world Italian traditions with American abundance. The restaurant features a festive atmosphere and large seating capacity and has more than 20 locations in nine states, including one in San Antonio. Its establishments are ideal for family celebrations and group gatherings. In 1972, the first Spaghetti Warehouse opened in the West End District of downtown Dallas. The restaurant serves appetizers, salads, soups, combination platters, warehouse parmigianas, desserts and beverages. It also offers a children s menu that includes cheese sticks, chicken strips, pizzas and vanilla ice cream. Spaghetti Warehouse is a part of the Frandeli Group, which is a chain restaurant investment and development company.
- Extra Phones:
Phone: (210) 299-1296
- Payment method:
- visa, discover, diners club, amex
- East Side, Dignowity Hill
Spaghetti Warehouse Restaurant
- Restaurants, Italian Restaurants
- Other Information:
Parking: Lot, Private
Bike Parking: Yes
Good For Family: Yes
Good For Groups: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Family Style, Italian, European, Continental
Alcohol: Full Bar
Takes Reservations: Yes
Outdoor Seating: No
Price Range : Average
07/07/2010Provided by Citysearch -
just got back from the meal from hell. Terrible service and the quality of food was the worse. We were too busy trying to keep a fly from landing on our food. The ministrone soup was tepid temp. and lousy. Had planned a party of 50 to go there next month but boy! am I glad we went to scout it out first. Will never go there again. Carrabas or Olive Garden will be our choice. I work in town and am asked by tourists where to go get spaghetti. Never! Never! will I recommend Spaghetti Warehouse. Oh, and the wine...It had a head on the glass bigger than Simpsons head. I rate this restuarant a big zero...it's over-rated, a tourist trap! It's seen it's better days. By the way, the seating room has the filthest chairs I have ever seen. They haven't had an upholstery cleaning in years. Imagine the bed bugs in them. Thank you, but no thank you! I'll pass.
10/15/2008Provided by Citysearch -
Worst so-called Italian joint in town! Save your money because you can get the same cheap quality food in the frozen food section at your nearest grocery store. I've had the spaghetti, lasagna and cannelloni here and none were fit to eat. The only reason I have visited more than once is because co-workers insist on having their b-day parties there. Besides that, the food is always cold. I once sent a cold soup back and when the waitress came back, she said, ""Oh, the crock-pot wasn't plugged in. I had to microwave it."" WTF? The other time my lasagna was room temperature and the last time I went there, I got sick. Another reason to avoid this place is the slow service and rude waitstaff. On every visit, we have had to wait over 15 minutes to get the waitress to return with the bill. I will definitely not return.
09/05/2008Provided by Citysearch -
WORST SERVICE EVER!!!!!!!!! On multiple occasions I have attempted to enjoy the San Antonio, TX location off Houston St. only to leave disappointed each time. The host staff is rude and the waitstaff non existent. Even when there is no one in the building they wait is always 5 - 15 minutes. Then when you finally get a table the wait staff takes a least 15 minutes to take your drink order then another 15 to bring it to your table. So if you enjoy rude and bad service this is your place.
07/19/2008Provided by Citysearch -
I want to think this experience was an aberration, but it was consistent with my experience at other Spaghetti Restaurants in Concord, CA and Columbus, OH.
- The food was not hot. This was not just me. It happened at another table.
- The Sausage Penne Pomodoro was off. Something tasted wrong with the sausage.
- The appetizer was toasted sliced french bread with three unremarkable garnishes.
- The service was truly poor. It was clear that the restaurant was badly managed.
- The manager clearly took my criticism personally.
I have a reputation of having an iron stomach, but I got sick in the bathroom.
08/01/2007Provided by Citysearch -
If you are looking for a cheap lunch, you've found the right place. However, if you want the food to taste good, you're asking for too much. I ordered the Four Cheese Manicotti with a Fresh Lemonade, Salad, and Spinach/Artichoke dip.
The Spinach/Artichoke dip was satisfactory containing large crutons for dipping and a presentation that was reasonably appropriate. However, this was the only food item in the entire meal that tasted remotely good.
The Lemonade was bitter and tasted like they had simply squeezed lemon juice on top of country time lemonade and is extremely over priced.
The Four Cheese Manicotti was the worst dish I've ever eaten and tasted so bad that I only took one bite.
The only good thing about going to Spaghetti Warehouse was that the manager didn't make me pay for the Four Cheese Manicotti.
I would strongly recommend that you avoid eating here unless you enjoy eating out at places that serve food that tastes like you just opened up a lean cuisine.