My 21-year old son was the next of kin and responsible for making arrangements for my ex-husband, his dad, who died under tragic circumstances. The day after his dad was found, my son and I were in Sunset Northwest to make arrangements. Rita initially met with us and we both found her cold and disconnected in dealing with the difficult decisions that had to be made. She seemed irritated at times with my son because of his questions and left the room several times for 20 minutes at a time. After a two and a half hour stay, there were still arrangements that had not been ironed out. She was to be gone the next day and she told us to speak to Mr. Chavez to finalize. The next day (My son's 21st birthday) Mr. Chavez was rude to my son on the phone, speaking over him and requesting SEVERAL times to call my son back. When he did call back, he didn't seem to be willing to assist in my son's request for a military chaplain. He didn't understand the request for a Lily spray on a stand that we requested. I truly don't understand how this funeral home is still in business, except that, thankfully, we deal with very few funerals in our lifetimes. We have switched to another funeral home to handle the deceased's remains. I can't tell you how horribly upsetting this is on top of all that we already have to deal with. We don't want anyone else to experience what we have had to go through. Be advised!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Add to mybook
Sunset Northwest Funeral Home
Celebrating each life like no other.
- Social Links:
- Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Each one of us is unique with our own story to tell. As North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services, Dignity Memorial® professionals excel at helping families create meaningful tributes that truly celebrate the lives of the individuals they represent. With an extensive network of more than 2,000 locations throughout the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico, Dignity Memorial providers offer families personalized services and advanced-planning options to meet any need. From the simple to the extraordinary, your Dignity Memorial professionals are here to see that your special story is told.
- Extra Phones:
Fax: (210) 521-2149
- Dignity Memorial® professionals are committed to providing a superior customer experience. In addition to celebrating each life with highly personalized send-offs, there are many unique benefits and services that only your Dignity Memorial providers can offer. Bereavement Travel Services Child & Grandchild Coverage* Transportation & Relocation Protection Program** Dignity Memorial Guidance Series® Personal Planning Guide National Plan Transferability Family Protection Plan*** 100% Dignity Service Guarantee The Compassion Helpline® *Subject to terms and conditions, including that the child or grandchild must be under the age of 21 and unmarried. Not available in MD. **Program services offered by Medical Air Services Association, Inc. and its affiliates. Not available in KY, NY and SC. ***Some restrictions may apply.
- Cremation, Funerals, cremation
- Payment method:
- amex, discover, master card, visa, all major credit cards, diners club
- Leon Valley, Northwest Side
- Funeral Directors, Funeral Supplies & Services, Crematories, Cemeteries, Funeral Planning