- BBB Rating:
- General Info:
- Sew Chic is San Antonio’s most trusted tailoring and alterations resource for all your most complex wardrobe needs with two convenient San Antonio locations in the heart of the city and in the Texas Hill Country. At Sew Chic we help you look your best everyday offering a full menu of alterations and tailoring services from jean hems, to suit tailoring, to heirloom transformations, bridal and wedding alterations, and clothing repairs for men, women, and children. Our loyal customers walk away feeling confident, comfortable, and secure that their clothes are being treated with the utmost respect. With over 100 year of combined experience on staff we’ve been serving San Antonio for decades—satisfaction guaranteed.
- Wedding Supplies
- Price Range:
- Our prices for alterations and tailoring are competitive. Here is a sample: Hems: •Pants/Slacks with single stitch - $15 •Jean with Original Hem – $25 •Anything with Lining – add $10
- Two convenient Locations 5152 Broadway, Suite 201 San Antonio, TX 78209 23966 IH 10 West #4 San Antonio, TX 78257
- Alamo Heights, Uptown Broadway
Alterations At Sew Chic
Sew Chic - Alterations & Tailoring
Sew Chic Alterations & Custom Designs
Sew Chic Alterations-Cstm
Sew Chic Alterations & Custom
- Clothing Alterations, Wedding Tailoring & Alterations, Bridal Shops, Wedding Supplies & Services, Women's Clothing, Tailors
- Other Information:
Wheelchair Accessible: No
By Appointment Only: No
10/28/2011Provided by Citysearch -
Ms. Slusher & Co are cleverly located off of Broadway in an unassuming retail space above the UPS store. At the drop of a line, I called, confirmed that walk-ins were okay for alterations and made my way over. Tucked away from the busy street is the quiet of a tailor and seamster's study. The foyer is bright and welcoming, as much as is Ms. Slusher's warm personality and respect for her trade and customer. The fitting was quick and amicable, she knew just what I wanted out of a poorly designed work shirt! What a relief it was to be seen so quickly!
My wedding is April 15th of 2011. Barbara was the second consultation that I set up for alterations of my wedding gown. The first place that I went to told me that because my dress had “a scalloped lace hem” they would not cut the hem, but would only alter the length by doing “pick ups”. This did not sit well with me, so I scheduled a few more consultations.
From the minute I met with Barbara, I felt totally at ease. She has the wonderful ability to strike a balance between “expert” and “opinion giver”. She is mindful of your budget from the very get go, and gives many options as to what needs to be altered and what could be altered.
When I bought my wedding gown, the boutique that I purchased it from was closing down. I was guaranteed that I would still be catered to as well as my bridesmaids. Not only was this promise a let down, but when my dress came in it had the wrong color bow at the waist line. My dress was sent back to the designer and returned to me with a hideous white ribbon attached where an ivory satin bow was supposed to be. Needless to say, this is every bride’s nightmare. Once Barbara and I finished with my gown, it turned into the most exquisite, couture dress that I could have ever imagined. All fears and anxieties were immediately put to rest.
I have ended up bringing all five of my bridesmaids to her for their dress alterations and she made the sash and bow for my flower girl dress (from the left over material off the bridesmaid dresses). One of the most exciting things that I have worked on with Barbara is my wedding veil. My veil was simple, with a single layer of tool and a thin satin lining. It was given to me by the shop that I bought my dress from, but it did not quite go with my vintage wedding gown. Barbara was able to save some lace appliqués after she altered my dress and applied them to my veil. We then moved forward with the application of a few strategically placed Swarovski crystals. I am so pleased because I never intended to have a custom made veil, but it has ended up being one of my most treasured pieces of the wedding.
Any bride that is about to embark on the adventure of finding a seamstress for their bridal gown should be cautious of “settling for the cheapest”. Every creation that I have worked on with Barbara has been extremely well priced and has proven to be QUALITY workmanship. I have never felt rushed or like “just another bride” any time that we have had an appointment.
I cannot say enough great things about Sew Chic. If you are looking for a professional establishment that works with your budget and has the capability of creating one of a kind bridal gowns and accessories, look no further than 5152 Broadway, Suite 201 in San Antonio TX!