- General Info:
- Ohana Academy's prupose is to be a place where anyone can come and learn high level Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai boxing, Wrestling, Karate, Judo, and MMA. Ohana Academy is for everyone. Whether you are just an enthusiast who would like to train and get in shape or an amateur/pro fighter. At Ohana Academy we maintain a family atmosphere and an optimal learning environment, where you can have fun. Come and take us up on a free class and embark on a jorney of self-discovery that never ends......
- Mixed Martial Arts / MMA / Brazilian Jiu Jitsu / BJJ / Wrestling / Muay Thai Boxing / Karate / Strength & Conditioning / Weight Loss
- Payment method:
- visa, master card, amex, discover, debit, check
- Corner of Jones Maltsberger and Chulie
- Shearer Hills - Ridgeview, North Central
- MMA Cage / Wrestling Mats / Jiu Jitsu Mats / Strength & Conditioning Area / Locker Room with Showers
- English, Spanish
Texas USA Wrestling
Ohana MMA Academy
Ohana Mixed Martial Arts
Ohana Jiu Juitsu Academy
Ohana Wrestling Academy
- Martial Arts Instruction, Boxing Instruction, Health Clubs, Gymnasiums, Weight Control Services, Health Resorts, Exercise & Physical Fitness Programs, Sports Instruction
I have studied and taught Karate off and on for many years and have had the good fortune to partake in many Martial Arts schools and Ohana Academy is the perfect place for my family and myself. They have world class instructors who are down to earth people and very accepting of all talents and abilities. Even though the staff trains and competes at the highest level there is, there are no egos, no critics or negative vibes, just honest hard work and training. I have only been there a short while and already have lost 10 lbs, feel and look stronger and faster and this is great for anyone's self esteem both young and old alike. Ohana has a great work ethic and family atmosphere and all of the trainers are easliy approachable, 5 stars for Ohana!!!
This place changed my life. When I first arrived, I weighed almost 350 lbs and had all sorts of health issues. Despite some difficulty my first few weeks, the instructors were patient and worked around my limitations. Gradually my stamina has improved, I have burned fat and am building muscle. In almost 3 months I have lost over 40 lbs and counting. I've been taking Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai and MMA. When I'm there, no one judges me, the coaches and other students are encouraging and it is one of the few places I feel accepted and encouraged to be a better person.
My son has been going for over a year now, I have seen a really big improvement in his behavior. He needed a place to work off his energy. This is the place! The instructors arei awesome. They're tough and expect nothing but the best out of their students. The class also helped with bullying. My son now has confidence And self belief.
I have trained jiu jitsu with the likes of Israel Gomes who trained anderson silva and the infamous killer bees. I have also trained with Dave Phillips from chute boxing. I have to say I Ohana Academy is the only jiu jitsu place where I learned the most. There is a brotherhood there, and when you are there you are family. They have a wonderful format in place so you maximize your time there. If I were training in the San Antonio area I would highly recommend this place to all who are starting or are looking to pick up something new.