I work at a near by business and took my here on the way to get a rotate and balance. I asked for my car to be left out front (since i can see it from work) when done i would go pick it up. Instead of leaving it out after closing, Jim from the front desk drove my car to me so that it was in my safe care. THANK YOU! I have some bad reviews on here but I was very impressed this day.
Midas Auto Service Experts
- General Info:
- Visit Midas in San Antonio located at 9412 Perrin-Beitel for complete auto care for your vehicle. Visit us for regular maintenance visits, a routine oil change, new tires, or repair services on your brakes, muffler and exhaust, suspension, air conditioner, or any other mechanical or electrical component of your car.
- Extra Phones:
11219 West Ave: (210) 340-1609
281 & Thousand Oaks: (210) 495-0800
11000 I-10 W: (210) 641-9773
9412 Perrin Beitel: (210) 656-3232
2013 Pat Booker Rd: (210) 659-1941
6805 Bandera Rd: (210) 681-7251
- Payment method:
- amex, discover, master card, visa, debit, cash, company card
- 6 San antonio Location to Serve You
- Sun Gate, Northeast San Antonio
- Motorist Assurance Program
- Auto Repair & Service, Brake Repair, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Wheels-Aligning & Balancing, Automobile Accessories, Mufflers & Exhaust Systems, Wheel Alignment-Frame & Axle Servicing-Automotive, Automobile Air Conditioning Equipment-Service & Repair, Auto Oil & Lube, Auto Transmission, Tire Dealers
Posted: 12/30/2010Provided by Citysearch -
I had one of the most horrible experiences in my life trusting my wife's Toyota Tacoma to these people.
Her catlytic converted was jacked while at work, so I had it towed to the ""muffler experts"" Midas....boy was I wrong.
They charged me approximately $ 435.00 for the converter, plus welding and incidentals. But the check engine light didn't go off... we took it back.
Their ""experts"" in exhaust repair could not find the problem...so we took it to Toyota.
Toyota put the truck up on the rack and called us to immediately visit the service bay to show us what Midas did.
All they did was hard weld a converter in line....but no oxygen sensor connected, nor was there a place to connect one.
We went back to Midas....and long story short they said...(Owner statement) ""We're not experts in exhaust systems....we would have had no idea what that electrical connection left hanging was for...there was no place to plug it in"".....
Would you take your car to a muffler shop where the owner says: ""We're not experts in exhaust repair"".?.
I urge all potential customers to stay away from this shop and the organization. Midas Corporate refused to cooperate....""it's a franchise"" ...""contact the owner"".....seems they shouldn't be carrying the name.
Look for a similar issue with Gemini Goodyear....they totaled my truck and failed to put oil back in after an oil change....do you think I got a new engine?...Think again.
The Law is Watching....
My husband has a 93 Explorer, decent, not great. It started over heating so we took it to this place since it was close. They said it would be around 500. Once my husband went to pick it up we were told it would be an additional 300 for something else we did NOT authorize. We said fine. We will go ahead an pay it. Not even 30 days later it started up again. We took it BACK and they said it was now something else but they would not charge us since they did not catch it to begin with. Today my husband went to pay the remaining balance of 290 and we could take the car. Once given the 290 they NOW say we may not have the car until an additional 500 is paid. WHAT? So now we are stuck with out his vehicle and having to pay an additional 500 if we want the stupid car back right after we pay 290. Mind you it was for the SAME problem....avoid them at all cost. Otherwise it will cost you an arm and a leg.