Jacala Mexican RestaurantAdd to mybook
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- * Oldest Original Family Owned Mexican Restaurant In San Antonio * The Best Mexican Food
- Extra Phones:
Fax: (210) 492-6079
- * Great Mexican Food And Margaritas * Two Dinning Patios * Great Indoor And Outdoor Atmosphere * Puffy Tacos * Enchiladas * Chicken Fried Steaks * Steaks * Fajitas * Flautas * Flan * Jacalitos * Private Parties For Large Groups Welcome * Food To Go * Tacos * Sopapillas * Full Bar * Margarita's * Smoking Area * Name One Of The Top 10 Restaurants In San Antonio By The Concierge Association Of San Antonio
- Payment method:
- amex, discover, master card, visa, all major credit cards
- Off Fredricksburg Road
- Los Angeles Heights - Keystone, North Central
- Mexican & Latin American Grocery Stores, Mexican Restaurants, Grocers-Ethnic Foods, Grocery Stores, Restaurants
This USED TO BE a family favorite restaurant for years but the food is now just ""EH"". Jacala's has ordinary everyday Mexican food you can get at any of the 100s of other Mexican restaurants in this city. The margaritas are so-so & overpriced. We had a large group for dinner - as it's a favorite place for the guest of honor but I hope I never have to go back there again.
What made the experience worse was our ser... view more
Hi: My Husband just returned from Iraq. He wanted some good Tex Mex. Looked to City Search as we normally do. Found Jacala's phone number called to ask questions about menu and pricing.
Lady who answered the phone around 4:15PM or so, was rude and not very friendly. We had the phone on speaker so that we could both deside on what we wanted to eat.
I can hear my husband being so very nice to a not so very pleasa... view more
I grew up in San Antonio and throughout my lifetime have lived all over the world; but when I come home to Texas I have to have my Jacala. \r
Jacala has been in business since 1949 and their food and service has ALWAYS been consistently great!! You will not find a better plate of Tex-Mex anywhere in the world. I assure you!! \r
I'm living in the virgin islands but will be home in a couple of weeks and J... view more
My husband and I ate at Jacala over the Christmas holidays and discovered our favorite mexican restaurant in town! We have already been back for another dose of their tasty enchiladas. We learned on our first visit the restaurant has been in business for over 60 years and is the oldest family owned mexican restaurant in San Antonio. When we entered, we were immediately greeted by one of the owners and she promptly se... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
If you are looking for a comfortable place to let your hair down and have fun on a budget, look no further. The food is fabulous and plentiful, the drinks are good and affordable and the atmosphere is lively and feels like home. You will almost always find one of the three daughters (now the owners) or the grand-daughter walking around making sure the patrons are happy!! They truly want you to feel at home.
Jac... view more
We travel from Dallas several times a year just to eat at Jacala. We held our engagement party out on their beautiful back patio last year. We had nearly 100 people and it was the best engagement party a girl could ask for. The wait staff and owners are amazing, very attentive and sweet as they can be. This restaurant is very reasonably priced and the food is out of this world.
I must say that after reading the neg... view more