Historic Sunset Station is a gem for wedding venues! From the old world style chapel, to the train to the wonderful Depot with the stained glass. Your guest will love this place. The food and service are excellent. Exquisite Events by Julia, San Antonio Event Coordinator (210) 380-3981Like this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
Historic Sunset StationAdd to mybook
- Do you know the hours for this business?
- General Info:
- Built in 1902, the building of 1,000 lights, Sunset Station was one of the stops for the famous Sunset Limited, a train that connected San Francisco with New Orleans and San Antonio. The train station has been converted into a concert venue, hosting musicians such as Sevendust and Bobby Blue Bland. The venue s 1916 Steam Engine 794 is a popular spot for photographs and is also included in the walking tour of the district. The original depot and surrounding buildings have undergone a multimillion dollar renovation and now provides a historic backdrop for numerous events. Patrons of the venue aged more than 21 years may consume alcohol at Sunset Station. Walking distance from a Ruth s Chris Steakhouse restaurant, the venue is located in a historic district of San Antonio.
- Payment method:
- amex, cash, discover, master card, visa
- St. Paul Square, East Side, Downtown San Antonio
- Production Companies-Film, TV, Radio, Etc
It was a poor experience from the security at Sunset Station. After paying 30+ dollars a ticket, i couldnt even keep my stubb from the Dropkick Murphy's show. They then threw a 30+ year old man out of the show because he had no wrist band to allow him to drink...Of course.... the security never issued the man a wrist band, and them threw him out for not having one...go figure.\r After i realized they didn't give ... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
Sunset Station does have potential, but I don't think San Anotonio stirs enough hype. Sunset Station is a big space complex with many different clubs to please, but the people just don't come, because the city does not make it a priority.Like this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch