Earl Abel's RestaurantAdd to mybook
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- OPEN 7 DAYS SERVING BREAKFAST, LUNCH & DINNER FRIED CHICKEN- It's our specialty * Chicken Livers * Southern Fried Filets * Grilled Breast of Chicken STEAKS * Top Sirloin * Ribeye Steak * Steak & Shrimp * Chicken Fried Steak * Grilled Chopped Steak SEAFOOD * Wild Alaskan Salmon * Catfish Filets * Rainbow Trout * French Fried Shrimp MEXICAN FOOD * Cheese Enchiladas * Beef Enchiladas * Beef Tacos * Chalupas * Taco Salad SALADS * Caesar Salad * Chef Salad * Dinner Salad * Spinach Salad * Pineapple & Cottage Cheese Salad BURGERS & SANDWICHES * Abel Burger * Texas Burger * Earl Burger * Slice Breast of Turkey * Club House Sandwich * Ham Sandwich * Grilled Chicken Sandwich * French Dip Roast Beef Sandwich * Reuben Sandwich * Chicken Salad Sandwich SOUPS * Navy Bean * Cream of Chicken * Split Pea * Minestrone * Canadian Cheese * Beef Barley * Beef Vegetable * Cream of Broccoli **Pies & Cakes Baked Fresh Daily** **We have facili ties for your business meetings, small groups & private parties. Call to make arrangements.**
- Extra Phones:
TAKE OUT: (210) 822-7333
- Fried Chicken
- Payment method:
- amex, discover, master card, visa, check, debit
- Terrell Plaza Plaza Shopping Center
- Terrell Heights, Uptown Broadway
- Home Cooking Restaurants, Banquet Halls & Reception Facilities, Caterers, Restaurants
A group of 6 of my friends and I went here for lunch on a weekday.
The customer service was excellent. The food prices were reasonable. Our food came out fairly quickly. Overall all my friends were satisfied.
I had the Pueblo Burger. It was good but I was expecting more. It’s supposed to be “HOT”. Maybe it’s hot for non-Texas folks. The homemade chips that came with it were nothing special.
I will go back... view more
We went in and it felt like we were invisible to the hostess. We had to ask her if we could seat ourselves. Then after we sat down no one ever came to our table. They went to other peoples table that got there after us. We left and ate somewhere else. The hostess/ cashier seemed to not care or notice. It was very disappointing.Like this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
This has been a favorite of mine since I moved to San Antone in 2002. I have taken friends here and grandchildren. It is always wonderful. The servers are always pleasant, courteous and efficient. Earl's has the very absolute best open-faced roast beef sandwich EVER. The coconut pie and coffee are always favorites. My grandson thinks the chocolate malts are the best too. Earl's has senior plates and daily speci... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
I havn't been to Texas since 1968 but I am so happy to know that Earl Abel's Restaurant is still in operation! I worked there briefly in 1968 before my Military husband was deployed to Vietnam. I believe the World's Fair was just down the road and we did a bustling business. I absolutely loved working there. The people were great, the food was fantastic and it was about the nicest restaurant I had been to. I lef... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
Thursday afternoon about 15 of my lady friends and I came in to have our monthly lunch with the Betty Ford Group. Erin was our server and she was fantastic. She described all the dishes we had questions about and helped us choose the perfect lunch entree. The food took a little longer than we had planned on, but Erin brought us out dinner rolls and crackers until our entrees were ready. We never had to ask for refil... view moreLike this review?Yes  (2)|Flag Abuse
When we got there, the place was about 1/3rd full, yet we had to wait a long time to get seated. The line was 8 deep before they even looked our way. After we were seated it was more of the same. Very slow to take our orders, bring our food out, bring condiments (which we eventually had to get up and get ourselves in full view of the host, who didn't even flinch), and to bring our bill. The server apologized at the e... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
I don't think alot of these people that are leaving negative reviews are really educated in the history of Earl Abels. THe old location had been there for many many years and back in the 50s it was THE place to go to. So, naturally as these youngsters from the 50's grew up, they continued to go there because they had always gone there. So, the whole geriatric vibe that you get when you go there has just been explaine... view moreLike this review?Yes  (2)|Flag Abuse