I've shopped at Dorothy's before and wasn't impressed with the customer service. I asked to see jazz shoes and was questioned about whether I was sure because of the cost. Although bothered I still spent pretty penny on my three girls. I walked in today remembering that they offered a 20 percent off coupon.They wouldn't honor it off my phone because they need it printed! My goodness, get with the times Dorothy, I'm ... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
Dorothy's Dance ShopAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- Family operated, we are the oldest dance apparel and supply store in San Antonio. Opened in 1985 by Dorothy Keck, it was a direct offshoot of the Dorothy Keck Dancers Studio, a San Antonio institution for ballet, tap, jazz, hip-hop, tumbling and acrobatics, and dance teams since 1960. We provide high-quality dance and gymnastics apparel and shoes at affordable prices. Get your tap, ballet, jazz, ballroom, and pointe shoes with us!
- We carry shoes and dance wear for all ages, levels, and styles;Gymnastics Gear; Tap; Ballet Shoes; Pointe Shoes; Ballroom Shoes; Jazz Apparel; Hip-Hop Apparel; Contemporary Dancewear; Ballet Apparel
- Ainsliewear, Bal Togs, Basic Moves, Bloch, Body Wrappers, BunHeads, California Kisses, Capezio, Danshuz, Dasha, Eurotard, Freed, Gaynor Minden, Grishko, Harmonie, Horizon, Mirella, Motionwear, Russian Pointe, Sassi, SoDanca, Suffolk, Very Fine
- Payment method:
- visa, mastercard, discover, amex, all major credit cards
- Strand At Huebner Oaks
- Northwest Side
- We carry discount dance supplies for students and professionals! Dorothy's Dance Shop brings dance shoes, bodywear, tights, and all dance apparel to South Texas male and female dancers. Our products are always priced lower than the average industry standards! You will find that we provide excellent customer service; all our employees are either dancers or instructors who are happy to assist you and are knowledgeable with your needs.
- Dancing Supplies, Gymnastics Supplies, Clothing Stores, Dancing Instruction, Sportswear
We've been purchasing from Dorothy's for almost 20 years. Unfortunately, this is not our choice, but due to the limited number of dance suppliers in San Antonio. Their service *can* be good, but usually ranges between rude, impatient, and condescending. Assistance w/ pointe shoes (or any shoes) *always* comes with an "I really don't need to be bothered with this" attitude. This could all be bearable if the ... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
I've been to Dorothy's a number of times and have always gotten impeccable service. The young ladies who work there are always friendly and super helpful. As a performer, they have always shared their knowledge with me to help me select the best shoes at a fair price.
As a wardrobe master, I sent some of the cast of a touring production to Dorothy's to select and purchase some dansneakers and, as always, Laura was ... view more
We've been going to Dorothy's for a very long time and have never had a bad experience, until now. We were in the store this past Friday, my daughter needed new pointe shoes. Everyone knows that when you are getting fitted for pointe shoes you need someone with experience and someone very attentive. Well we received neither. The young lady, Laura, first of all treated us like we didn't belong in the store. She a... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
I went to the Huebner Oaks Shopping center to buy my daughter a leo for gymnastics that she wanted as a reward for hard work. I had her older sister with me. She is Type 1 diabetic and she said she felt weak and thought her sugar was low. She checked and verified that she was low. I pulled out a snack for her to eat. I had the leo and proceeded to the check out so we could go. The lady (who I believed to be a m... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch