In mybookPets Collection (edit)
Added to your pets collection.
Removed From mybook!

We took this business out of your pets collection.

Becker Animal Hospital & Pet Resort

Add to mybook

This listing has been
added to mybook.

This listing has been
removed from mybook.

Business Details

BBB Rating:
BBB Rating and Accreditation information may be delayed up to a week.

Regular Hours

General Info:
At Becker Animal Hospital and Pet Resort we offer a variety of medical and surgical services in 
the Hospital, Boarding, Doggie Day Care and general pet care service in the Pet Resort. We are 
open 24 hours a day 7 days a week with no emergency fees nights or weekends, regular prices 
day and night. No appointment is ever necessary - just come in when it is convenient for you, 
for any hospital service you may need. You can even drop off or pick up your pet at the pet 
resort at any time of day or night. We are conveniently located on IH-10 West just inside Loop 
410, across from the TexSan Heart Hospital.
Sponsored Links
Payment method:
discover, mastercard, all major credit cards, amex, visa
Between Fresno & Hildebrand
Pet Boarding & Kennels, Pet Services, Veterinary Specialty Services, Veterinary Clinics & Hospitals, Veterinarians

More »

Less »


YP Insider badge
Review this business:
Click to Rate
Share Review

Like this review? Share it on your social network to get the word out!

Posted: 1/28/2016


We are just so broken up and I can't seem to explain so I asked are dear friend Tinker Mass who was with us to explain what happened. Please share this so no one has to go through this again.

Damn you!!!! Bakers Animal Hospital

We arrived and there were 2 people in the waiting area. Victor was checking in and some 15 minutes later there were 6 people in line.
When he finished paying and came to sit down we waited another 15 minutes to be called back.
After more waiting for someone to come and asset them they took Hayward to the back to place an "IV" into him which I immediately thought was not going to be easy as they told the tech he had stopped eating 2 days prior and had lost a lot of weight. Even I knew from looking at him that his veins would be difficult to find, but the young tech made it sound so easy and peaceful. But it was anything but that...after some 20 minutes or so I heard a dog barking and Victor said "that's my boy, that's Hayward. I know his bark." JD went to the door that had been left open, stood in the hallway for a moment and headed to the back to find Hayward. Victor waited 30 seconds and followed him to the back of the facility. I could clearly hear the dog barking and he sounded as though he was in agony. Finally, JD came into the operatory holding Hayward and put him onto the metal table. The dog cried as he laid him down. The vet searched for the IV and started to inject the 1st med which had been explained as the "sedative." Hayward started to bark again in discomfort! The vet apologized and said," It didn't go through." And she started to examine the IV then she asked for the 2nd syringe which was supposed to be the "push" to flush the med through but why would she do that if the first clearly didn't go through. The dog whimpered again.
Mind you this is in front of the 2 people who have cared for this animal even when they were told it would never walk again and nursed it back to life and to a good 10 more years of life- no thanks to the naysayers!!! And who have come there to say that good-byes and were led to believe this was going to go down very differently!!!
Now they are watching their 18 yr old dog being basically tortured before being put down!! Good Gravy!!!
The vet finally called it and said they would have to move the dog AGAIN to back of the facility because they were going to have to use gas and none of the rooms were equipped with it. Victor got angry and said , "No we're NOT moving him AGAIN . You are TORTURING him- get this done now! We 're NOT WAITING FOR ANOTHER ROOM!"
The vet said that they were going to move him to the back not to another room because the gas was only available in the back.
So ONCE AGAIN, JD picked Hayward up and he whimpered again - God my heart was sick watching the abomination !!!!
They finally get to the back and put him on "gas" and he seems settled and once again they try to find the vein but the vet has called someone else to try and now it's the 3rd time and this is to empty the syringe that has the drug that will put him down... AND he can't get it again so NOW he calls for a tourniquet. They bring it, he finds the vein after more difficulty and finally their poor Hayward is at peace!
JD was in a puddle - I was so mad I had to leave and I went to get the car. It was not my animal but my heart was sick at having to watch my friends go through this horrific ordeal- HEY BECKER ANIMAL HOSPITAL - THAT IS WHY I DON'T,
Just so you know!


Posted: 10/22/2015


Worst experience bar none and will never ever step foot in this place again! If I could give minus stars I would. Customer service is non existent.


Posted: 5/23/2015


I took my puppy in because he had signs of parvo. They wanted him to stay 48 hrs but this was going to be about $1400 which I did not have. I decided to leave him for the 14 hr treatment. I was told I would be called occasionally to keep me updated which I wasn't. I had to call. I was told he was still depressed and had diarrhea. He still had 12 hrs of treatment. The vet calls me in the morning to let me know he is still depressed and I should leave him longer. I said I could afford another day. I went in to pick him up and he was far worse then just depressed!! He literally moan when he saw me and took his last breathe. I was so upset!! How could they say he was depressed he was severely worse then when I had taken him in. Not blaming them for losing him but I would have liked to know he was worse off then they led him to be.


Posted: 12/30/2014


Worst experience ever!!!!...After leaving our puppy for almost two days, he was never seen for his shots to be taken or for his haircut.....We were told that it was't enough time!!!!Every single time i called to see his update we were always given the run around by telling us ,"oh he should be ready shortly". I decided to go pick him up and still had to wait another hour for him to be brought out.Never did anyone in charge care to speak to me in order to explain why my puppy was never taken care of. It also seemed that he had not been fed because as soon as we got home he started eating as if he had not had anything during his stay at Becker. Ridiculous, never again will we step foot in that hospital. Please don't bring your lovely pets here.


Posted: 9/17/2014


We came to Becker 9/13 when our rabbit was acting funny and ill. We were told we would have to wait 45 minutes. We waited 1.5 hours before getting into a room. We then waited 20 more minutes before the vet saw us. Our vet was very nice, but didn't seem to do a very thorough exam. We had to ask the tech to have our rabbit's temp taken. He didn't seem too concerned that the rabbit had not eaten or had a stool in the last 8 hours. We were given meds after a 5 minute exam and sent on our way with a $197 bill. We noticed our rabbit was acting very strange 3 hours later. We called Becker and they told us to come back. We went back at 1130 and there was one person at the front. The front desk person was on the phone talking about receipts for several minutes while we were holding our rabbit and panicked about him. She would not even make eye contact with us until my boyfriend asked if someone could look at our rabbit. Dolph was taken to the back and we were not updated on him for 30 minutes. They vet then said that he had a fever and they needed to place IV fluids for 24 hours, have blood drawn, and do observation. After we agreed, they told us it would be $500. I then asked to talk to the vet again because that seemed outrageous. I asked why he thought the rabbit was having the fever and I didn't get a clear answer. They tried for 1.5 hours to draw blood without luck. We also brought up the fact that he had not eaten or had a stool (again) in about 12 hours now, but the vet was not concerned because his glucose was normal. They placed subcutaneous fluids, gave him anti inflammatory meds and sent us on our way with yet another $100 bill. We were there until 0330 and not updated very well for the time we were there. We left upset and not understanding what the issue was. Dolph still looked very ill and not like himself. We went to a different vet who assessed him and stated that the bunny was very ill. He did a much more thorough exam and took his temp right away. A STAT xray of his abdomen was done. They determined that the rabbit had a major GI issue and would need surgery. He was in so much pain at this time that we put him to sleep because the damage was too great. I'm not sure if it would have made a difference or not, but Dolph would not have had to suffer for 8+ more hours if an xray had been done in the first place. I feel as though we were not listened to or taken seriously at Becker. If anyone had done a more thorough exam, it might have been more apparent that he was suffering from a GI issue. I spent $200+ too much at Becker. I will never go to the hospital again. I will also recommend that my friends and family never take any beloved pets there either.


Posted: 2/24/2014

No stars!

Worst vet experience ever!


Posted: 11/12/2013

We've had AWESOME service everytime we take our dogs!!

The staff at Becker's has been wonderful and the wait time is quick. We highly recommend them!! Keep up the great job!!


Posted: 7/11/2013

Horrible Bedside Manner

I sat in the doctors office for 45 minutes. When the doctor came in he looked at my pet rat for two seconds; he didn't pick her up or examine her. Two seconds of "visual inspection" and all he said was "She has cancer". He did not offer any options or give any suggestions. He did not offer to run any tests to confirm his "diagnosis," and said she is to small for surgery. Getting information from him was like pulling teeth. I felt like I was interrogating him trying to get ANYTHING out of him. I tried to tell him the growths developed in a matter of days, and questioned how a cancerous mass could grow so fast. He then said "maybe you just didn't see them". So now not only are you being rude, but you are insinuating that I am a bad parent. The assistant just stood there, you could tell she was uncomfortable, but didn't speak up. After being treated this way I put my rat back in her travel case and told him I would just go elsewhere to get a second opinion because I do not accept that after hardly looking at her that he knew for sure it was cancer. He proceeded to say "I don't care, but you are paying for this visit or I will call the police". As I have been to this hospital for my dog before, I have never NOT paid my bill, nor threatened not to. He followed me to the front desk and made a scene telling the lady to call the police if I didn't pay. Then when I told the nurse checking me out about my experience all she said was "he's German". Like that's an excuse. No apology or anything. It was brushed off as the acceptable norm from Dr. Mircea Volosen. I want to thank him for being more concerned with his paycheck than the condition of my pet. Needless to say I'll be taking my three pets, and my business elsewhere.



Posted: 3/2/2013

Lost my dog for 2 hours

Brought my 70lbs dog in for a flea dip after he was exposed to fleas from my apt dog park and they called me to pick him up and when I arrived they couldn't find him for 2 hours... so unprofessional and would never go back


Posted: 2/12/2013


My post was deleted. I took my beagle in March 2011 because I suspected that he had gotten out of our yard and was hit by a vehicle. I thought this because I had left my home to run errands and was gone for approx. 3 hours. Before I left, my beagle was running around and jumping off the hot tub and chasing squirrels, etc. When I returned home 3 hours later, he was in my patio standing stiffly and breathing very shallow rapid breaths. He was so stiff he didn't want to walk or move. I noticed he had a couple of cuts on his back and he was very dirty, so I immediately took him to this hospital. BIG MISTAKE!!! Dr. Okafur assessed him and ordered an x-ray that was immediately done. She came back into the examination room and accused my partner and I of neglecting our pet. She stated that he had a bad case of pneumonia and that we had waited too long to seek care for him. Perplexed, I asked her how it was possible for my dog to develop pneumonia in 3 hours. I explained to her that my beagle had nothing wrong with him that day as evidenced by him eating breakfast and dinner, running around throughout the day in our yard, chasing squirrels and jumping on to and off of our hot tub. I told her again that I suspected that he must have gotten out of our yard and injured because he was fine just three hours ago. All of this information fell on Dr. Okafur's deaf ears because she was not listening and maintained that my dog had a bad case of pneumonia and that we waited too long to seek treatment. She recommended we leave him overnight so that he could have antibiotics, IV fluid, etc. and of course we did. We went home confused and concerned and worried that our baby was very sick. The next morning I showed up and met with a different Vet. Dr. Volosen told me that my beagle's pneumonia was getting better and so on. I then asked him how it was possible that my beagle would have acquired pneumonia in 3 hours and went through the whole explanation about my pet's behavior earlier that day and the wounds that I noticed and more importantly, that I suspected he got injured. Dr. Volosen listened and then rechecked the xray and came back and told me that indeed, my beagle had been probably hit by a car because the xray showed he had 7 ribs broken!!! He also stated that the "pneumonia" was actually fluid build-up from the injury. He altered my beagle's treatment and I requested that my beagle get pain medication which he completely agreed and he ordered an immediate dose. It is because of him that my pet FINALLY received the proper treatment. I spent over a thousand dollars getting him better which I don't regret. HOWEVER, Dr. Okafur NEVER apologized or even acknowledged her mistake, and that is why I will NEVER bring my pets here EVER again. Apparently, she has misdiagnosed more animals since my experience in 2011...get her out of there!

Sponsored Links
More Like This
Send to Phone
Becker Animal Hospital & Pet Resort

San AntonioTX 78201

(210) 732-5148

Send this business listing as a text message to a mobile phone.


Your text message was sent.

To opt out at anytime, send the word STOP to YP411.

To get a help message, send the word HELP to YP411.

There was an error sending your text.

Please try again.

Terms: The recipient of this text message may incur charges depending on their wireless carrier. Not all carriers are currently supported.

Message Business

What would you like to know?



We were unable to send your message. Please try again later.

Add a Photo
Becker Animal Hospital & Pet Resort

San AntonioTX 78201

(210) 732-5148

  • Photos should be in .gif, .jpg, or .png format
  • Photos should represent this business (ex. storefront, interior, services/amenities offered, etc.)
  • Photos must not be of an objectionable nature (offensive, profane, pornographic, obscene, etc.)
  • All photos submitted are subjected to YP Terms of Service
Add a New Collection
Oops! There was a problem saving the new custom collection.
Please try again.
Collection Name cannot be empty
Upload a Photo

Remaining Characters: 100

Remaining Characters: 500

We just redesigned! Do you like it?
× Not a Fan

× Thank You!