Star of IndiaAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- The Star of India is a Salt Lake institution since 1990. Featuring, Tandoori, one of the most refined styles of regional cooking, from Northern India, this cuisine of emperors is a favorite of the most discriminating lovers of Indian food. All our food is natural and prepared fresh on the premises. We specialize in chicken curry, lamb, seafood, halal meat & pure vegetable entrees.The restaurant features a full bar, a wine menu and over 20 specialty beers.Our popular $10.95 lunch buffet includes a choice of 20+ items, including entrees, salads, and desserts, served Monday through Saturday from 11:00 to 2:30 p.m.If you wish, watch your favorite Bollywood movie while you dine!Our award winning restaurant is located on 55 East 400 South (between Main and State streets on north side of the street).We validate at the large public parking lot on Exchange Place. Come enjoy our authentic Indian cuisine.
- Come enjoy our Award Winning Food Now:
* Banquet Hall
* Beer -- over 20 Specialty Beers!* Wine Menu and Full Bar Service * Beverages * Biryani (Rice) * Catering * Chicken Curry Delights * Classic Indian Breads * Desserts * Weddings, Parties and Banquets * Lamb Curry Specialties * Salads * Seafood Delights * Side Dishes and Chutneys * Soups* Indian Party Sweets * Star Special Dinners * Take Out Restaurant * Tandoori Specialties * Vegetarian Curries
- Payment method:
- debit, cash, all major credit cards
- Validated parking available in parking lot on Exchange Place, or park at a meter and we'll give you parking tokens.
- Rio Grande, Downtown Salt Lake City
- * Validated parking* Watch a Bollywood movie if you wish!* Big, comfortable booths* We deliver!
- English, Hindi, Punjabi
- Party Planning, Restaurants, Indian Restaurants, Take Out Restaurants, Caterers, Banquet Halls & Reception Facilities
- Other Information:
Parking: Garage, Street, Validated
The food at this downtown SLC restaurant is wonderful. All their tandoori dishes are well prepared and the naan is generous sized and baked to perfection. The lamb is delicious. Well spiced and obviously made from quality meat. Make sure you use the mint sauce that accompanies the meal. It has a real nice spice that compliments the meat. The chicken has the texture of organic game and the shrimp are a nice size. We h... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
My husband and I found Star of India and decided to give it a try. We were both kind of skeptical because we'd never had Indian food before but when we finally got our appetizer, Chicken Tikka Masala, and delicious nan to share we were SO happy we stopped in to try it. It was a fun experience to eat there and it had a nice atmosphere. We are very excited to go back and try something new next time! I would say it's my... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
I have been going to Star of India for over six years in both the old and new location and hold it as the gold standard against every other indian restaurant I go to in the US. The people are warm, knowledgeable, and eager to help. The Chana Masala is the best i've had in the world. Highly recommended.Like this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
The food, service and prices are great. Being Indian and eating at a lot of Indian Restaurants Star has got to be my favorite. My fiance and I eat there 2 times a week. We always go Saturday for their amazing buffet, and dinner time to order off the menu. It's great!! 5 stars hands down!!Like this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch