I agree with the person who had a bad experience. I was treated rudely by the owner from the beginning and he was impatient and barely gave me the time of day and hung up on me on the phone quickly when I tried to ask him a question about my car. I have dealt with many many auto shops through the years due to my excessive travel and mileage on my vehicles and this shop most definitely does NOT get my approval .
- BBB Rating:
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
Regular HoursSat - SunClosed
- General Info:
- Dennis has been in the automotive industry for over 35 years. He worked for Owen Wright as a Cadillac Specialist, Heber Valley Dairy, co-owned T&R 4-Wheel Drive, and he and his wife now own MasterTech Automotive. Dennis is an ASE Certified Master Technician and Parts Specialist and has an AMI (Automotive Management Institute) degree. He is affiliated with STS (Service Technicians Society), AAA, ASE (Automotive Service Excellence), iATN (international Automotive Technicians Network), ASA (Automotive Service Association), AMI, and AC Delco. He also serves on the board of governors for the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers). Dennis writes automotive procedures and travels around the country doing presentations and teaching.Services Performed: * ABS Lights * Air Conditioning * Alignment * Air Conditioning * Batteries * Brakes * Carburetors * Check Engine Light * Clutches * Cooling System * Driveability Diagnostics * Electrical Diagnostics * Emissions Diagnostics * Emissions Testing * Engine Analysis * Engine Rebuild * Engine Replacement * Fuel Injection * Fuel Pumps * Head Gaskets * Oil Filter and Lube * Pre-Purchase Inspection * Safety Inspections * Computer system repair * Shocks * Starters * Steering/Suspension * * Timing Belt * Electrical diagnosis * * * Tune-up * Classic Car Rebuild * Water Pump *Fuel Injection Fuel Injectors Emission Failures
- Air Conditioning & Heating
- Major Engine Repair or Replacement
- Tires, Wheels & Alignments
- Steering & Suspension Systems
- Engine Service
- Brake Service
- Battery Services
- Transmission & Drive Train Services
- Oil Changes
- Customization or Restoration Services
- State Inspections & Smog
- Payment method:
- mastercard, visa, amex, discover, debit, all major credit cards, financing available
- We are next to Title Max on the corner of 1700 South and State Street . We have a blue wrought iron fence surrounding the property. We are on the East side of State Street.
- People's Freeway
AAA, ASE (Automotive Service Excellence)
ASA (Automotive Service Association)
STS (Service Technicians Society)
iATN (international Automotive Technicians Network
- Automotive Service Association Automotive Management AC Delco - Parts, training AAA approved auto repair Iatn - International automotive technicians network
- Automobile Diagnostic Service, Auto Transmission, Auto Oil & Lube, Brake Repair, Auto Engine Rebuilding, Auto Repair & Service
I went into this shop on a whim asking for a quote on an oil leak. I was told they cant give an accurate quote without knowing where the leak was. They put an ultraviolet dye in my engine & had me drive it around for a few days. When I went back I was told that the leak was in a different area than a different shop had previously told me. The other shop quoted me over $800, this repair cost me less than $200. To say the least, they are my shop of choice from now on.
Awesome shop! When the AC went out on my tahoe another shop told me I needed a whole new AC system that would have cost me $1200. I took it to mastertech to have them check it out, I admit I was skeptical at first with how young the tech looked, but after talking to him for a few minutes I was blown away with his knowledge of cars. An hour after I dropped it off they called me back and told me it was fixed. All that had happened was the switch went bad on my dash! Thank you guys so muc...view moreh for your fast and effective work! I will definitely be returning.view less
MasterTech is the best all around. They have great customer service, and are prompt with repairs! My starter died over the weekend and they fixed my car before 1:00 on Monday after they reopened for the week. I wouldn't trust my little car to anyone else. The guys here are friendly and willing to talk about the problems a car may have and give honest answers. They don't overcharge or try to confuse you. Their excellent work and prompt/friendly service keeps me going back! I'd recommend...view more them to anyone for repairs and regular service needs.view less
I don't understand what happened to the person who wrote the review saying "don't bring your car here." I've been using Mastertech since 2002 and am extremely happy with the service and the people. I'm a senior lady and they have never tried to fix things that aren't needed. I'm treated with great respect and everything is explained clearly to me. I wouldn't go anyplace else.
Do not take your vehicle here!! I got online to find a coupon to get my safety and emissions test done. I brought my truck in and the owner failed my vehicle. He said I needed a new rack and pinion and the cost would be $1100.00!! I had three other mechanic shops look at my vehicle and they all said there was nothing wrong with my vehicle and all three of them passed my safety inspection. This place preys upon women and takes advantage of us that don't know too much about vehicles...view more. This place is dishonest and I would never take my vehicle there!view less
AAA referred me to MasterTech and they were fun to talk to and friendly and didn't think I knew nothing about my car because I was a girl. It is nice to be treated seriously and their way of talking to you until they understand your problem is a great change in attitudes I have had from other shops. They fixed my car quickly , gave it a check over and told me what was needed on the next service that was due. They even told me a reminder card had already been filled out and ready to mai...view morel to me when the next service is due, I really liked being able to review a business while I am at the business and having a laptop on the front counter to post whatever I want about them was really cool. I am going to tell all my friends about them. AAA was real helpful in sending me to a shop that would take care of ME.view less
I thought it was great to have us actually rate them right at the front counter on our choice of search engines and wanted me to tell them the good or the bad what a great idea for listening to me. The guys were great to talk too had great information to tell me about where to go 4 wheeling while I was waiting for my ride, fixed my car for what they quoted me and did a great job of checking it over for my trip and gave me the recommends needed at the 90000 service. My wife said they we...view morere great to talk to when she picked up the car they explained everything to her and made her feel appreciatedview less
It was nice to find a mechanic shop that does not talk down to women. I have run into so many shops that treat you like your an idiot. They are helpful and willing to take whatever time they needed to help me understand what was happening even taking me in the shop to see the damage.
I was sent there by AAA and have never felt better about someone fixing my car , they are for sure my repair center forever. GIRLS THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY AND NOT BE TREATED LIKE AN IDIOT