Gourmandise The BakeryAdd to mybook
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- This award-winning bakery & café offers the finest European pastries & desserts in the valley it's a favorite casual downtown eatery and is famous for its spectacular desserts. Anyone who visits and experiences the deliciousness can see why this family-owned and operated business has been bringing smiles to customers' faces for over 20 years. Gourmandize is a classy-casual restaurant and bakery. Beginning in the early morning with an assortment of melt-in-your-mouth breakfast pastries, there are hundreds of freshly-made delicacies throughout the day. Gourmandize also features a variety of daily cafe specials from scratch-made European entrees like Salmon en croute and Boeuf Bourgignon to crisp salads, gourmet panini-grilled sandwiches and made-from-scratch soups in fresh sourdough bread bowls. And as much as folks love the "real food", Gourmandize is most famous for its sweets. Whether you choose to savor a piece of their award-winning Chocolate Decadence on the patio in the warm summer months or opt to pick up a popular Strawberry Chantilly torte for your next gathering, you'll enjoy everything Gourmandize has to offer.
- A few of Gourmandize's specialties: * Cafe * Napoleons * Marzipan Slices * Cheesecakes * Chocolate Decadence * Chocolate Porcupines * Fruit Tarts * Bread Pudding * Rice Pudding * Occasion Cakes * Tiramisu * Scones * Muffins * Cookies * Caramel Apples * Chocolate Ganache Cake * E'clairs * Mousse Cake * German Chocolate Cake * Crème brulee * Croissants * Foccacia * Baklava * Meringue * Quiche * Forgoza bread * Brioche * Challa * Baguettes * Biscotti * Bagels
- Payment method:
- check, debit, master card, visa
- Central City, Downtown Salt Lake City
- Bakeries, Take Out Restaurants, American Restaurants, French Restaurants, Restaurants
I really realy love The Bakery. Every time I eat there, I walk out completely satisfied. And my 'usual order' always tastes the same as the time I had it before. I love the consitency this restaurant maintains. However, I do agree with some of the other reviews that the service could use some work. The employees never have really done anything to make me feel welcome. The food is great, but I'd be much happier if the... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
If you happen to stop by Gourmandise for breakfast you must try their house-made yogurt topped with berries, jam, and sugar-glazed toasted almonds. It is simply divine and the best yogurt I have ever tasted. Their Cinnamon Bread topped with Amaretto whipped cream and raspberry puree is also fabulous. Breakfast is Gourmandise' secret.Like this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
I found the service to be excellent and friendly. It is busy at lunch time and the cafe is almost always full, but even then my coffee cup is almost always kept full. Off the busy hours you get plenty of attention. The place is clean the food excellent and the pastries outstanding.Like this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
The food was ok but I'll never go back there again!!! Was eating lunch on the patio and a cockroach dropped from the patio ceiling onto the table. OMG if they are on the restaurants patio then what is inside the restaurant!!!!Like this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
We are sorry that you had that experience, it's hard to completely control an outdoor patio in the heart of the city. Come inside, we've got a wonderfully clean restaurant.
I love their european cakes, i have few favorites, i always buy more than I can eat, but whenever you come there to pick up or to spend some tiome with friends - the service is not good.
I hate to say it, but they need to train their people to be american style corteous, the way we expect from eatery.
they are rude there just like in Paris when you are not speaking french with Parisian accent. I am not sure if you ... view more
i am a frequent customer. they overcharge me every second time, pkease look at your receipt when leaving. they are slow. I like to drink tea and asking for a large pot because it will take forever to get a second cup. also there are a lot of people working there, but they move slow and a little rude, the attitude like whatever.... Alina works there, she is a nice girl, gives me excellent service, Elizabeth - dont tal... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
I am a NYC city girl who fell in love with Salt Lake City and I had made a crusade to look for really good European style bakeries in Salt Lake. And so far this is the best! I do not know what SLM was thinking when it awarded Les Madeleine's with 2010 best? I make it an effort to try as many bakeries in SLC. When I tried the SLM winner for 2010, which I purchased $100 worth of assorted pastries to share with my Class... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch