I had a great experience, I went to several different places and looked on the internet to researching what gun to get for my first time, every time I went into Doug;s I did not feel like just a number in line, they took the time to show me how to hold the gun and how it should feel in my hand. It was nice that they had an in house range and easy to rent a gun so I could get a feel how the different guns felt. I fina... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
Doug's Shoot'n SportsAdd to mybook
- Social Links:
- Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Whether You Need Firepower, Ammunition or Just Practice, We Have All Your Needs!
- * Guns / Rifles / Pistols / Handguns * Accessories including Holster's, Bags, Protection etc... * Ammunition * Targets * Scopes * Reloading * Gunsmith * Gun Safes Special Orders: * We buy/sell used guns too! * Eye & Ear Protection * Shooting Range * Safes Whatever Your Needs, We Have it All!
- All Types & Brands of Firepower, Ammunition & Accessories! * Ruger * Springfield Armory * Browning * Glock, Inc * Bushmaster * HK * Surefire * Winchester * Benelli * Kimber * Remington * Rock River Arms Inc.
- Payment method:
- amex, check, discover, master card, visa
- Located Off of 4900 South & Redwood Rd.
- Rifle & Pistol Ranges, Guns & Gunsmiths, Ammunition, Sporting Goods, Gun Safety & Marksmanship Instruction
They have quite a few guns...unfortunately they can not sell any to you because their FFL license lapsed or at least that is what they claim. They also claim Utah's best indoor range...I have been to four different ranges in Utah and this one was the absolute hands down worst. I would rather take my chances shooting in my own basement because at least there would be some ventilation if I open a window.Was this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
GLOCKANATOR: Sorry to read that ""the very first handgun I bought"" was such a bad experience. Somehow ""the first handgun"" and ""experience"" speak loudly to what may have been more closely related to your bad experience than the guys I know to be quite professional at DOUG'S. You got one thing right, GLOCK! Glock, however, for an inexperienced shooter could be problematic. You'll hear, ""Glock's don't have a ... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
I really wasn't impressed with the customer service. I walked into the place and stood at the counter for at least 5 mins before someone talked to me. I am a newby at purchasing guns and was asking some pretty basic questions. The counter help seemed to be pretty annoyed about the questions and me asking for comparisons between 3 different guns. I don't think i would buy a gun from them at all. Unless i was a female... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
We went to Doug's Shooting Range for a Girl's Night. Most of us had been shooting at some point, and one of us had actually purchased a gum from Doug's. One of the guy's was completely awesome. He helped us pick which guns we wanted to rent and walked us through how to take out the magazine, reload, how to hold and aim. He was so patient with us, and we had a great time!!! For a first time shooting range experience I... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
Wow! I will NEVER go into this place again. I went in looking for another handgun. Waited for 10 minutes to find this out. Had a question about a speedloader, another 15 minutes waiting. Then to top it off I had a purchase, ( a measly $100 but still) waited in line for another 20 minutes. The place was nasty. I hear all of these commercials on the radio and though I would give them a try. They should spend their mone... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse