In my search for a kayak (Perception Patriot 12.0 orange/red), when I talked to them on the phone they said they didn't carry that model in stock and that I would have to order it from the warehouse (wherever that is?) and it would cost me $160.00 for shipping. What? I want to buy a product from your store and you want me to pay shipping charges? Now that's real customer service ladies and gentlemen. If I owned a store I would do what is necessary to supply my customers with their needs, but not at Dicks. Sorry Dicks, zero rating for you and my business goes elsewhere.
DICK'S Sporting Goods
- General Info:
- The DICK'S Sporting Goods store in Salt Lake City, UT has quality sports equipment & sports apparel. From camping gear to soccer equipment, visit the DICK'S Sporting Goods near Salt Lake City.
- Extra Phones:
Fax: (724) 227-2429
- Sports Team apparel,exercise gear,exercise equipment,athletic footwear,cleats,golf shoes,sports apparel,golf apparel,athletic equipment,fishing rods,fishing gear,snowboards,ski apparel,winter boots,winter jackets,yoga apparel,outdoor gear,camping gear,bikes,cycle gear,kayaks
- ASICS, Brooks, Bushnell, Callaway, Columbia, Crocs, DeMarini, Easton, Epic Fitness, Field & Stream, FootJoy, Jordan, KOPPEN, Louisville, Marmot, Marucci, Merrell, Mizuno, Mountain Hardwear, New Balance, Nike, Nikon, PING, Patagonia, Puma, Rawlings, Spyder, TaylorMade, The North Face, Timberland, UGG, UGG Australia, Umbro, Under Armour, adidas
- Payment method:
- amex, discover, master card, visa, check, cash, travelers checks
- The Gateway
- Downtown Salt Lake City, Rio Grande
- Sportswear, Golf Equipment & Supplies, Camping Equipment, Exercise & Fitness Equipment, Sporting Goods
- Other Information:
Bike Parking: Yes
Parking: Lot, Private
Price Range : Average
Posted: 9/8/2006Provided by Citysearch -
I was recently trying to find children's football jerseys. After calling all around town, I thought maybe Dicks would be able to help. I called 5 times: the first time the phone rang 20 times with no answer, the second call was answered and I put on hold for more than five minutes, the third call I was transferred to apparrel where the phone rang 15 times with no answer, the fourth call I was transferred to apparrel and someone answered, but then I was put on hold for five minutes before I hung up, the fifth call I explained to the operator what had happened and he finally took it upon himself to answer my question personally. But that's almost a half hour of my life I won't get back. Not a bad store, but horrible customer service over the phone.
Posted: 4/16/2006Provided by Citysearch -
I ordered and received an exercise bicycle that was defective and could not be assembled. Called Dick's Sporting Goods and was told that the bicycle would be picked up in 2 weeks - to put it on the front porch. After several useless phone calls the bicycle was finally picked up. A credit was to have made to my credit card with 30 days of the pickup. It has been more than 60 days and no credit. I called and they said they had no record that it had even been picked up. Now I am supposed to pay for a bicycle that I don't even have. Their customer service is absolutely useless. I have been unable to contact anyone there who seems to have a brain in their head.
Posted: 4/5/2006Provided by Citysearch -
I went in as moral support with a friend who needed a swim suit. When you're not in perfect shape, buying a swimsuit can be very traumatic. We had a wonderful experience. The staff and management were friendly, fun, and more than willing to answer our questions, as well as help us find the perfect suit. Even the other customers got into the fun. Tom and Alicia were patient and appeared to enjoy helping us. It was so great that I ended up with a suit as well. How could I pass up the chance and it was on sale too. We got better suits at less price than if we had gone to a bargain store, like the big W or K. Thanks for a marvelous experience. We will be back!